PDA

View Full Version : Stiltsville Anyone ?

Jeff
02-03-2007, 06:02 AM
Looking for other beginers to take a ride down to stiltsville for some flat water.
I have a jet ski and im dying to get out there..I know excatly where to go and launch the ski from.
Anyone intrested ?

Drop me a line
Jeff
SMF Productions
West Palm Beach

HIGHFLYN
02-03-2007, 08:15 AM
Anyone intrested ?

Absolutely ! But have PWC/Jet Ski's been banned from Biscayne Bay?

Although you might be in luck if todays wind forecast holds and you have the time.

TODAY
NORTH WINDS 10 TO 15 KNOTS BECOMING 15 TO 20 KNOTS IN THE
AFTERNOON. NEAR SHORE...SEAS 2 TO 4 FEET BUILDING TO 3 TO 5 FEET IN
THE AFTERNOON.

The ocean is currently FLAT and should actually stay that way close to shore till tomorrow.

I'll be down in Boynton Beach ( Hammock Park ) once the wind picks up

Jeff
02-03-2007, 08:56 AM
They are banned in the park area.Stilsville is south of there and i believe out of the Park Boundries. I wasnt planning on going today just would like to find someone that would to set something up..I also have a 27 foot boat that i think would work out better down there....
Im going to try today @ dog Beach in boynton...
Jeff

kiwiar2000
02-03-2007, 09:02 AM
Hey Jeff,
Im interested for some stiltsville action.
Tomorrow maybe? if it doesnt rain...
-Danny

Jeff
02-03-2007, 09:16 AM
Hey Jeff,
Im interested for some stiltsville action.
Tomorrow maybe? if it doesnt rain...
-Danny
Hi Danny,
Have you ever been down there before ? Also i never set up yet from a boat or sand bar but im sure i will figure it out ..have you ?
Keep me posted.
Jeff

kiwiar2000
02-03-2007, 09:38 AM
hey man,
Nah, never been there. Heard it was really cool.
If its pretty shallow(knee to chest level) might as well anchor your boat on one sweet spot, then I help you launch. Then I self launch myself.(pretty easy to do)
BUt once again, never been there. Must be a cool spot!
-Danny

ricki
02-03-2007, 10:00 AM
if the forecast holds I hope to be out there sunday doing a shoot.

you should attach your lines to your kites on land. wind everything back up. normally you leave your battens inflated, fold the kite in half and roll the bar up from the wing tips. then all you have to do is unwind the lines and pump up the leading edge. with two guys w/kite gear on a wave runner may be too much to haul both kites rolled longitudinally. I would carry an anchor and some line to manage the runner during setup. I would study the charts and sat. images for the area ahead of time. people tend to clump up to excess in one small area. best avoided. I would check the miami flats writeup to make sure waverunners haven't been banned in biscayne nat. park. stiltsville is inside the nat. park.

Just checked the article at: http://fksa.org/showthread.php?t=1263 It looks like you would have to be north of Stiltsville, closer to Key Biscayne to avoid the ban on PWC. Sorry.

AEsco48
02-03-2007, 12:06 PM
i would be down for going...but im not sure how two people plus 2 kites bars and a pump will fit....

I have done a boat launch...bot thats a lot easier then a jet ski launch...

the couple times i have gone to stiltsville i have gone from Crandon to stiltsville then to matheson...

kiwiar2000
02-03-2007, 01:12 PM
then our best bet is that Jeff will have to use the 27 boat(if he wishes).
And Im just hoping that there is sufficient wind out there tomorrow....anybody has a clear forecast?
-Danny

HIGHFLYN
02-14-2007, 03:28 PM
Looking for other beginers to take a ride down to stiltsville for some flat water.

Anyone intrested ?

Jeff~ with the forecast for this weekend, I think stiltsville would be the place Sunday. IF it holds true, Sat am could be good here as a warm up session......

SATURDAY
NORTH WINDS 10 TO 15 KNOTS BECOMING NORTHWEST 5 TO
10 KNOTS IN THE AFTERNOON. SEAS 6 TO 8 FEET.

SATURDAY NIGHT
WEST WINDS 10 TO 15 KNOTS BECOMING NORTHWEST 15 TO
20 KNOTS AFTER MIDNIGHT. SEAS 6 TO 8 FEET.

SUNDAY
NORTHWEST WINDS 20 TO 25 KNOTS. SEAS 11 TO 13 FEET.
SLIGHT CHANCE OF RAIN.

What do you think?