PDA

View Full Version : New Yarga

bryanleighty
02-02-2007, 10:23 AM
another contender for that "hybrid" market that seems to be the new rage.
it is pretty cool to be involved in the sport in these early years.. 10 years from now who knows what the hell we will be riding (if we are not banned from all beaches and waterways..)

http://forum.bestkiteboarding.com/files/yarga_hybrid_sle4_136.jpg

Skyway Scott
02-03-2007, 07:09 AM
The "early years" are already way gone. Way prior to our current era, many were toiling with 2 line foils as well as 2 line LEI's with no depower capabilities. QR's? What were those? and so on.

When people starting learning to go upwind in less than 4 sessions, were water re-launching while staying put (one handed) and were rarely getting tea bagged, it became evident to me that a new era in kiting had just arrived. This arrival of the "bow" about 2 seasons ago allowed for a huge influx of new riders to the sport. Never before had learning (and doing) the sport been so easy. Not only were noticeably higher numbers of people trying the sport, but a much higher percentage (than in the past) were actually sticking with this easy to learn "new" sport.

Anyway, in my mind, the sport is entering its mid-life. It's infancy was the first two liners.
It's adolescence was the four line (depowerable) LEI's with actual QR's.
It is definitely going to be neat see what is next.

I suspect kiting will follow many of the same progressions that windsurfing did.
If it does, I think we will see use of new materials and more use of battens in the very near future. Should be cool to see.

Here is a pic of what we might be in for.....

bayflite
02-03-2007, 09:09 AM
I won't be satisfied 'till my kite has the ability to flap like a bird so i can land when I'm ready to.

BigR
02-03-2007, 09:49 AM
I shoulda' kept all my ancient 2-line LEI's and foils, I never knew I could put them in a museum :confused:

Personally , I won't be satisfied until my kite needs a flightplan from the FAA :p