PDA

View Full Version : Bularoo 10 M At Panama City Shell Island

SandiBottom
01-29-2007, 12:39 PM
I was invited out to shell Island which is in Panama City by Emerald Coast kiteboarding..The guys from Emerald coast sure do make you feel at Home, If you ever get a chance to kite this way give these guys a call..The wind started out light in the 12 knot zone and picked up to 20 - 25 in the afternoon..They went to a spot right next to the East side of the large Rock Jetty's..You have to have a boat to get over there..The surf was 2 - 3 ft overhead with a large swell breaking .
I was on a 14.0 M kite ealier in the day and pulled out the New to the Market 10 m Bularoo... I think It is one of best all around great kites Best has ever made. It has alot of low end power with some great air time.I weigh around 175 lbs and It felt like I was in the air for minutes but in reality it was only 4 - 5 seconds..It turns and loops with speed in the surf... It looks like it is made with extra strenght to last thru some heavy surf wipeouts...
At the Jetty's you can kite at three different locations..In the bayside of the launch you have flat butter with small 1 - 2 ft swells coming in from the pass just perfect to launch for some wild trick riding..and next you can go in the pass where there is a sandBar Break wich is called the Amazons (this is a Surfer Spot) There is a reason why it is called such...
Third you walk south about 75 yrds and you are in the Gulf Of Mexico with pure white sandy beaches and crystal clear water with great breaking surf..
I wore a 5 / 7 mil wetsuit all day and several of the guy's had on Drysuits.
You ride in the surf till you give out and then walk in to the bay area and ride the white sandy sanbar area's..What a great day. The only thing you have to watch out for are the military helicopters..There downwash from there blades work havoc on your kites..It can down your kite in a second or launch you into a huge Kitemare. I'm going back soon (This weekend)
Visit there site at WWW.Emeraldcoastkiteboarding.com and ask for Mark or Wayne

WindRyder
01-29-2007, 01:15 PM
Harry, yesterday was definitely one for the books!! I didn't hit the surf with you guys, so I had the butter all to myself for a few hours until you all decided to crowd me in! HAhAHA. Anyway, yesterday was great. Beautiful water, and when the sun came out with the wind cranking in the 20's, couldn't ask for more. It's always a great day when you're completely powered on a 9M knowing you could ride a 6M or 7M if so desired. Oh, and by the way, my ischial tuberosity (butt bone) hurts when I sit down!! I will never launch your kite again!!! Especially if it's next to a tide pool!! Take care, see you soon!! Linda

DeepSeaDoc
01-29-2007, 07:21 PM
Once again I get left out on the Shell Island trip. Not feeling the luv guys hahaha All good though since the waves where kicking to well at Pier Park. Too bad we destroyed so much gear. I'll be getting my waroo back this week from Grandpa Dons. Hopefully I can keep it in one piece long enough to have some more fun with it. Got the new rear direct bridle for it to make it faster too. I wanna get those kiteloops rocking once my right knee heals up a lil more from last time I was working on them. Rock on guys!!!

RushMarkRush
02-10-2007, 09:31 PM
There is only so much room on the boat when we hit it over there.......a wave runner will get you there in a pinch.........but I have to say that was one of the best sessions ever over there!
I see more wind coming this week......Tuesday looks sick..........
The Cabrinha kites are in as well as a few of the Eclipse kites......more Carzy Flys and Undergrounds too..............................
Any instructors out there need a job?