PDA

View Full Version : Kiteforum.com

kitepower
12-21-2004, 02:39 PM
Any news on what is happening?
Just tried to connect and got asked for a username and password, didn't work though?
Rick would you have Tobys e-mail address?

kitepower
12-21-2004, 02:39 PM
Just tried to connect and got asked for a username and password, didn't work though?

ricki
12-21-2004, 03:14 PM

Hello Steve,

I suspect that the site is not ready to be fully operational online yet. I last heard from Toby about a week ago and suspect that the modifications to the site are taking more time than he originally anticipated. Toby said he would send out a mass mailing to all 8000 plus members once Kiteforum is back online again.

Rick

ricki
12-21-2004, 03:14 PM

Hello Steve,

I suspect that the site is not ready to be fully operational online yet. I last heard from Toby about a week ago and suspect that the modifications to the site are taking more time than he originally anticipated. Toby said he would send out a mass mailing to all 8000 plus members once Kiteforum is back online again.

Rick

kitepower
12-22-2004, 06:24 AM

Hello Steve,

Rick

Interesting to see that the UK based php.bb based forum is down now too, and appears ro have also been hacked.
There is something happening at kiteforum as of today, I hope Tobys gets it all sorted, it would be a bummer to never see kiteforum or any php.bb forums on kiting again.

kitepower
12-22-2004, 06:24 AM

Hello Steve,

Rick

Interesting to see that the UK based php.bb based forum is down now too, and appears ro have also been hacked.
There is something happening at kiteforum as of today, I hope Tobys gets it all sorted, it would be a bummer to never see kiteforum or any php.bb forums on kiting again.

ricki
12-22-2004, 07:20 AM
Hello Steve,

I just heard back from Toby this morning.

"Hi Rick,

it will be online before X-mas.

We are currently working on the update.
I want the new layout, so that may postpone it for a day.

Happy holidays to you too!

Greets
Toby "

So, it sounds like they are doing a major rework on the site. These things usually take sometime.

Yes, there seems to be a fair amount of hacking of PHP sites recently. I am pleased to announce that this site was upgraded twice in the last week including changing to the the latest, hack-resistant PHP version last night by Lenard with XPERYA Corp <lenard@xperya.com> .

Lenard has been doing a great deal of very rapid work on the program with the site and is currently engaged in adding several new non-PHP features to the website. I am impressed by the number of small, "who would have thought of that" problems that come up with websites. Great news is that no matter how involved or "out there" the problem appears to be, Lenard usually has a solution emailed back to me within the hour. Have you noticed how much faster the site is today with the new version of PHP? I think it has at least doubled in loading speed.

So, THANKS LENARD!!!

ricki
12-22-2004, 07:20 AM
Hello Steve,

I just heard back from Toby this morning.

"Hi Rick,

it will be online before X-mas.

We are currently working on the update.
I want the new layout, so that may postpone it for a day.

Happy holidays to you too!

Greets
Toby "

So, it sounds like they are doing a major rework on the site. These things usually take sometime.

Yes, there seems to be a fair amount of hacking of PHP sites recently. I am pleased to announce that this site was upgraded twice in the last week including changing to the the latest, hack-resistant PHP version last night by Lenard with XPERYA Corp <lenard@xperya.com> .

Lenard has been doing a great deal of very rapid work on the program with the site and is currently engaged in adding several new non-PHP features to the website. I am impressed by the number of small, "who would have thought of that" problems that come up with websites. Great news is that no matter how involved or "out there" the problem appears to be, Lenard usually has a solution emailed back to me within the hour. Have you noticed how much faster the site is today with the new version of PHP? I think it has at least doubled in loading speed.

So, THANKS LENARD!!!