PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: Bar for 9m/16m Waroos

TampaBay Noob
01-24-2007, 12:06 PM
I am looking for either a 55cm Waroo bar or SS Turbo Diesel bar to fly both my 9m and 16m bow kites on. I prefer used, new bar prices are rediculous.
Sean
sbergren1@yahoo.com

bryanleighty
01-24-2007, 01:12 PM
If you have any regular bar you can convert it to work w/ a Waroo.

You can buy the upgrade kit for 99$ or you can just Frankenstein one together based on the specs of a regular Waroo bar.

Basically its a standard bar w/ a longer depower line. the Waroo bar comes with a longer depower strap but that is not completely neccesary. You just need to ensure you have a long enough depower line.

You can buy the line from Westmarine.com ...dyneema 1/4 inch works great.

best bet is to buy the 07 waroo upgrade and modify a regular bar if you want to save the $$$ and still have a quality product.

you might be able to get used for 100$ w/o lines tho...

TampaBay Noob
01-24-2007, 01:19 PM
Thanks Bryan. To be honest, a bar without lines would be fine because I have a new set of FlexiFoil lines that I could put on them. The only bar I have is the ss profire (i think 17"), so it's not much of an option for frankensteining (too small). Unfortunately, I don't have the know-it-all to go ahead an build a bar. I'm just not that familiar with the gear yet.

HIGHFLYN
01-24-2007, 04:39 PM
I've got a 2005 24" Naish bar (60cm) that I converted into a Waroo bar. I used components from a 2006 Waroo 45cm bar (End winders, 06 CL and de-power strap) 27m Naish lines (color coded) Bar and lines are in great condition, CL line is a bit worn and I added a stopper ball (Slingshot convertion style) I've got a brand new 06 Waroo CL and De-power strap I'll sell with this set up if your interested.

Complete set up:
2005 24" (60cm) Naish carbon bar w/Best 06 Waroo components
27m Color coded Naish lines
2006 Waroo CL & De-power strap (Brand New) Just these parts from Best retail @ $90.98

$190 + shipping ($10-15 lower 48 only)

TampaBay Noob
01-24-2007, 05:26 PM
No thanks highflyn, that's not really what I'm looking for.

HIGHFLYN
01-29-2007, 09:41 AM
Here's a good deal:

http://www.ikitesurf.com/buysell/classifieds.pl?db=kiteboards&website=&language=&session_key=&search_and_display_db_button=on&results_format=long&db_id=36143&query=retrieval

bryanleighty
01-29-2007, 12:38 PM
i built another waroo bar this weekend in about 20 minutes (including beer drinking and hockey watching)

old bar w/ leader lines
35 inches of dyneema 1/4inch line (or the strongest 1/4 line you can find at westmarine)
old chicken loop w/release (your call on this one)
trim strap

tie bowline to chickenloop .. measure out 25 inches.. tie bowline to trimstrap connector. ensure its about 25 inches of depower.. you can go less.. prob dont want to go more.

set bar/strap at full power and measure out center lines (coming from trimstrap)

measure out outside lines and you will prob have to tie knots in the leaderlines to get all four to be the same length.

in the end what you need is 20 to 25 inches of depower line and at full power you have all 4 lines the exact same length.

now.. i rigged up the rings on the outside lines so that I could connect my leash there incase i ever needed to.
i always ride w/ leash on CL but i have a relase on my CL.
some have the surefire bar w/ release..
again.. your call on this.

TampaBay Noob
01-31-2007, 04:46 PM
found a used 55cm waroo bar

bryanleighty
02-02-2007, 12:15 PM
how much did you pay for it?

TampaBay Noob
02-04-2007, 06:18 PM
eh...$175 complete. Not great, not bad. Rode it today...works just fine. I appreciate the offers though!! I haven't been in this very long and I'm leary about buying the frank-o setups. Not to impune on your mechanical ability, but it's just my lack of knowledge, at this point, that kept me from taking you up on your offer. Hope to see you out on the water sometime.