PDA

View Full Version : You know it been a good season so far when.........

HIGHFLYN
01-15-2007, 09:10 AM
You loose track of the day(s) that you've kited verses the day(s) since you've last kited :rolleyes:

I'm not sure about the rest of the state, But South FL and the Keys have been GOING OFF this season and I couldn't be happier (Living in South FL) :p

kiwiar2000
01-15-2007, 10:44 AM
season's been pretty good.
Hope that it will extend all the way to May.

AEsco48
01-15-2007, 10:55 AM
highflyn...where was that pic in your sig taken?...

HIGHFLYN
01-15-2007, 11:22 AM
season's been pretty good.
Hope that it will extend all the way to May

Till May and Beyond !

Where was that pic in your sig taken?...

It was taken down in Bahia Honda State park on 12-27-06. A buddy and I went down for a few days over the Holiday. I really wish we had taken a few pic's while we were at Anne's beach (that place is amazing) but we were too busy riding to grab the camera

admin
01-16-2007, 09:11 AM
Yes, it has been a great season in South Florida. The best in years by my reckoning. Oh, remember to warm up thoroughly before kiting as he gimps off into the sunset.

HIGHFLYN
01-16-2007, 11:11 AM
Yes, it has been a great season in South Florida. The best in years by my reckoning.

I couldn't agree with you more!!!

Oh, remember to warm up thoroughly before kiting as he gimps off into the sunset.

Warming up is a hard factor to remember when your SO stoked, feeling the wind in your face. Hearing that wind howl in your ears...... Should I fly my 9 or my 11???
Laying out your lines, rigging up. One more safety check of your gear. Launch, grab your board and hit the water............... Oh wait I forgot to strech out, Ahhhhhhhh I'll take it easy for the first few tacks :rolleyes:
2 hours later after that increditable session, once the stoke wears off a little you can feel it. Ohhhh the pain, the pain (as I massage my thigh & calf muscles)
I'll never make that mistake again, Untill next time ~LOL~

admin
01-16-2007, 11:24 AM
In my case it was actually a snow skiing accident, that happened on Delray Beach?! I had just returned from some time in the mountains and probably was pretty tight in the calves (that is legs, not little cows). I had a nice powered session with no problems on the water. I went to solo land a different type of flat kite for the first time. My normal hold fasts for the chicken loop wouldn't work. So, I buried my board and attached my chicken loop to it. Problem is, the loop pulled away. So, I sprinted off after the kite at full speed in soft yielding sand and felt and heard a pop and then the familiar pain. Damn, just messed up the gastroc in the other calf I thought. It may not be as bad as that or require the 1 1/2 year to heal as before, still it does make you walk funny. Warmups are good, even if the time they seem to take hurts, hindsight, sigh.

HIGHFLYN
01-16-2007, 03:44 PM
I sprinted off after the kite at full speed in soft yielding sand and felt and heard a pop and then the familiar pain. Damn, just messed up the gastroc in the other calf I thought. It may not be as bad as that or require the 1 1/2 year to heal as before, still it does make you walk funny. Warmups are good, even if the time they seem to take hurts, hindsight, sigh.

OUCH!!! That just sounds painfull

Hopefully, this hasn't shut you down and you'll be able to continue to enjoy this FANTASTIC season were having.

Note to self: at 36 as young as I think I am, Take the extra time to strech out