PDA

View Full Version : Foggy day

WindRyder
01-08-2007, 12:31 PM
I don't know who got to ride yesterday (Sunday), but it was really good if you were in the right place. Eric and I checked the State Park around 1030 and the fog was so dense, it was killing the wind. When we had left town, there was more wind there than at the beach. We came back in to town and checked Beach Drive aka: newbie kitemare drive, and put a meter on it. At first, only 10-11, then bumped up to 15 within minutes. Less fog there and could see it rolling in from the gulf. Rigged and riding by 1130. Me on a 12 crossbow and underground 132 and Eric on 13 waroo and 142 and 152 undergrounds. Ed decided to show up later and rig his 12 contra. Winds picked up, the sun came in and out, and the fog made for some beautiful effect on the water. At times, couldn't even see the kites, just the riders flying along the water and boosting. Larz had gone to Bonita bay by Tyndall. No fog there and blowing in the mid to upper 20's. Amazing how the fog made such a huge impact on the wind conditions. It never blew at the state park. We got off the water at 430 and the wind started filling in again. But, we were too tired, got some beer and oysters and called it a day. Hope to catch it today, tomorrow, and hell, looks like maybe the rest of the week. Hope to see you on the water!! Linda