PDA

View Full Version : Eleuthera ??

RbGar
12-29-2006, 08:30 AM
I see you guys go to Spanish Wells but what about the rest of Eleuthera. I'm prospecting for my retirement home and like the look of Eleuthera as they have surf also. Any locals info?
Thanks-

mocean
12-29-2006, 04:43 PM
awsome flat water and atlantic waves but the wind is not allways in the right direction for either.
surfers beach is a good spot land is still prity cheap there...with an rad view.
check it out on googel earth.
my fave spot is cape eluthera..the flats up there are incredable great fishing to bad launch sites though because of the honey comb rock and casurina trees.
just about 0 crime .
aj

RbGar
12-30-2006, 07:39 AM
thanks aj,
i'm planning a trip there in feb, looking fwd it

moylemuncha
12-30-2006, 09:55 AM
http://www.kokomo1.com/coopers.htm

Stanton Cooper. Call ahead and let him know you are coming. Pretty casual, cash only, no insurance, car rentals. If you are planning on exploring let him know and he will give you one of his older models

there is 90 miles of potential kitesurfing and surfing spots on east coast so let us know :-)

one thing I allways forget is a lot of places don't take credit card so cash up

Tippy's bar and resturaunt is best place to eat by far

I can't remember exactly. I think the name is 'Arley's???? is a bar around gregory town / hatchet bay where all the local surf crew hangs out. Will try and confirm details. Is a small, friendly crew (if you nice) and they can open doors to secret spots etc.

RbGar
01-01-2007, 10:37 AM
thanks, good info.