PDA

View Full Version : Islamorada

kiwiar2000
12-26-2006, 10:31 PM
Iv decided to "discover" the waters off the keys and Islamorada is just right.
Anybody wants to go??
Its just a one day trip early in the morning and come back late at night.
This Friday looks pretty good. if not, another day could be planned out, if permissible.
Anybody wants to go??
let me know!
-Danny

Brui
12-26-2006, 10:39 PM
sounds tempting ...but my lazy ass would problably end up in Crandon.

Islamorada is really nice ...good luck!

ricki
12-26-2006, 10:46 PM
Iv decided to "discover" the waters off the keys and Islamorada is just right.
Anybody wants to go??
Its just a one day trip early in the morning and come back late at night.
This Friday looks pretty good. if not, another day could be planned out, if permissible.
Anybody wants to go??
let me know!
-Danny

Sounds like fun, hope you have good wind for it. If you hit Whale Harbor to launch be sure to see Brad with sevensports.com before setting up. He has an accord worked out with the property owners to try to keep access open there.

AEsco48
12-27-2006, 09:55 AM
Call up Mike...he lives in the upper keys....last time i went to we got a group of kitters and rented a boat and went out.....was not $$ either...if not he knows all the spots....im out of the contry but he has a really nice DVD out where he comes out...

kiwiar2000
12-27-2006, 12:22 PM
Rick,
You mean Brad Leigne?
Andres,
When you went to Islamorada, did you go out shore with Mike or you can just launch from there.
Anybody who still wants to go, let me know!
-Danny

ricki
12-27-2006, 01:16 PM
Brad Lange, the guy that used to put on the Islamorada Invitational kiting event. Whale Harbor is just one small launch though, the Keys are immense. We need to shift gears out of conventional beach launching in most cases though. Rig up on land, attach your lines, inflate your battens, wrap the lines up and roll your kite up like a large burrito. Just like you would for boat launch. You have a helper hold your bar or vis versa, while the other unrolls and inflates the kites leading edge. You do an assisted launch and off you go. There is a ton of shallow water on the Straits side of the Keys, with tens of thousands of potential launching and riding areas. There is no real need to focus on where other riders are clustered. I would avoid cut areas where tidal currents can get out of hand.

Have fun!