PDA

View Full Version : What happened???

kiwiar2000
12-26-2006, 11:58 AM
Okay. So I was having a great session at Matheson Hammock, and I see a kite far away from the launch. It was leading edge down and the kite was about a mile away from shore. So I decided to go check it out with my yellow yarga 13, and I couldnt see anyone around the kite. Maybe the person swam to shore. As soon as I tacked the other way around to shore, I immediatelyy see this guy with a red cabrinha bow to the kite as well.
The kite was with the Brazilian flag on it.
Anybody know anything about this?
-Danny

HIGHFLYN
12-26-2006, 12:33 PM
Okay. So I was having a great session at Matheson Hammock, and I see a kite far away from the launch. It was leading edge down and the kite was about a mile away from shore. So I decided to go check it out with my yellow yarga 13, and I couldnt see anyone around the kite. Maybe the person swam to shore. As soon as I tacked the other way around to shore, I immediatelyy see this guy with a red cabrinha bow to the kite as well.
The kite was with the Brazilian flag on it.
Anybody know anything about this?
-Danny

Just curious here, What is your question? (What happened to the kite boarder? )

What happened to the kite?
Was it rigged? or was it a runaway from the launch?
After you saw the kiter w/the cabrinha (heading to the kite?) where did he go? Did he rescue anyone or the kite?
Where did he launch and land from?

kiwiar2000
12-26-2006, 03:48 PM
exactly. What happened to the dude. What happened to the "disapeared kite". Any details?
-Danny

AEsco48
12-27-2006, 10:13 PM
Tiago is the only person i have seen with a Brazilian flag on his kites.... ill PM you his phone number call him up and ask....i would but im in Colombia right now...

your pm box is full

kiwiar2000
12-27-2006, 11:01 PM
Yea, a brazilian flag was on it. I think he's the skinny dude.
-Danny

Brui
12-28-2006, 11:15 AM
Saw Tiago yestarday at Crandon...he's fine, his leash broke and the kite got away but later he recovered it. Hes getting a new leash and a biggere flag...

thiago
12-30-2006, 01:44 PM
Thanks to all for the concern.
The kite @ Biscayne bay with the Brazil Flag was indeed mine.
My chiken loop broke when I was riding far way from Hammock. It was a tiresome swim back and it was getting dark and I know the sharks are out there. Anyways, thanks to the boat owner who rescued my kite, thanks to Andrew (the guy on the Cabrinha kite) who rescued my bar almost all the way to Hobby Beach.
I now have a kiteleash and learned a great deal from the episode.

Thanks,

Thiago