PDA

View Full Version : fri am

sgrundy
12-08-2006, 07:56 AM
everyone just left NSW FOR SSW AT 9am

E-Bone
12-08-2006, 01:50 PM
That was SICK.

Only bad part was when I jumped huge, looked down, and saw what I thought was a nuclear submarine below me. It turned out to be a dolphin the size of an orca. It was rabid, had a gnarly tattoo on its fin, bellowed like a bull, then chased me and Skyway Scott around until it bit most of Skyway Scott's finger off.

I don't know wtf that was all about. I thought dolphins were supposed to be chill.

toby wilson
12-08-2006, 03:16 PM
What? E-Bone, you come up with some pretty weird posts, but that is the weirdest by far...

Unimog Bob
12-08-2006, 04:01 PM

Jake
12-08-2006, 04:34 PM
Didn't you know it is dolphin mating season? :)

E-Bone
12-08-2006, 05:02 PM
Look, if you don't believe me, ask Wolfie and Skyway Scott. They saw that shit too.

bryanleighty
12-08-2006, 05:17 PM
e-bone.. what exactly happened? was it feeding?

ive seen these things go NUTS on a shore line feeding.. gentle creatures my a$$.. this was going manic and racing faster than ive ever seen one..
this guys was trying to go out and touch it.. and it prob would have killed him had he got close enough to it.

toby wilson
12-08-2006, 06:07 PM
So was the tattoo of a 007? :lol:

Did it really bite Scott or what? :o

Are you sure it wasn't just a dolphin that resides at the backside who was simply really happy to see you during mating season wearing those rainbow nipple tassels E-Bone? :shock:

Skyway Scott
12-08-2006, 06:46 PM
Dolphins are predators with an oddly shaped mouth which just happens to form the appearance of a permanent smile.
If the jaw curved the other way, fish would be funneled away from the mouth.
It was a rather large dolphin. My finger is definitely messed up.

toby wilson
12-08-2006, 06:54 PM
So you are typing with 9 fingers Scott? :shock:

That is MESSED UP!!! Did it get a piece of your finger or just put a bite mark in it?

Skyway Scott
12-08-2006, 07:04 PM
The dolphin was big. My finger is messed up.
I didn't say the dolphin did it. It was a friggin oyster! Not a very exciting story, huh?
It is a bad chunk cut though. I barely even touched the thing.
Must have been razor sharp, literally.

Wolfie
12-08-2006, 07:09 PM
I will vouch for the size as well. It was a Bull Dolphin no doubt. The Dorsal fin was all rough and beaten up. He was not the pet'n type.

Jake
12-09-2006, 11:41 AM
Back in the day (I can say that as I'm over 50) when I windsurfed, my son and I were out at Howard park in Tarpon Springs and he got caught in a dolphin feeding frenzy. The dolphins had pushed several hundred mullet up against the shore and were ambushing them. My son was right in the middle of it and the mullet were jumping all over his board. He was only 12 at the time and thought it was fun. He got to see the dolphins close up as they caught the mullet as they jumped. Pretty amazing sight to see that many mullet and the dolphins feeding on them.