PDA

View Full Version : Nite Kiting ~ Unreal session

HIGHFLYN
12-01-2006, 08:00 AM
I was one lucky SOB yesterday and had the opportunity to kite with two extremely talented kiters Jeff Biege and Andy Hurdman from Bestkiteboarding. Conditions were marginal SE-S @ 14-17kts with FUN chunky waves. Things got really interesting when we continued to ride past sunset and into the nite. Absolutely SURREAL session!! :D

Rumor has it that a video of the session will be posted on the Best site 8)

ricki
12-01-2006, 08:07 AM
I was one lucky SOB yesterday and had the opportunity to kite with two extremely talented kiters Jeff Biege and Andy Hurdman from Bestkiteboarding. Conditions were marginal SE-S @ 14-17kts with FUN chunky waves. Things got really interesting when we continued to ride past sunset and into the nite. Absolutely SURREAL session!! :D

Rumor has it that a video of the session will be posted on the Best site 8)

You guys were lucky. It was cloudy and overcast until just around sunset then a blue sky hole opened up. The moon was half full or more and once the clouds cleared there was quite a bit of light. The waves even smoothed out somewhat. I had to head home and I thought the wind has eased a bit otherwise I would have been out a long time as well. Glad you guys had a great session!

AEsco48
12-01-2006, 09:12 AM
where did you guys ride?

kiwiar2000
12-01-2006, 10:22 AM
i'll be checkin out best's website pretty soon
later,
Danny

ricki
12-01-2006, 08:58 PM
Went out again tonight for a while. I thought I had my larger board but sadly no. So, I ended up doing a lot more walking than I had in mind. Still, it was peaceful.

and ...

AT LEAST FOUR DAYS OF 15 TO 20 MPH NE PREDICTED AGAIN FOR THIS WEEK!!!

IS THIS SEASON GREAT OR WHAT????

HIGHFLYN
12-02-2006, 09:23 AM
IS THIS SEASON GREAT OR WHAT????

Thats for sure~ Only problem for me is the "work" thing. It totally interfears with my kiting time.

:idea: Less work and MORE kiting = :D
( One can daydream can't they )

kiwiar2000
12-02-2006, 09:25 AM
Its great alright.
Not that good for weekend riding, mostly weekdays.....
Damn.
The season is looking good, possibly a bit different from last season, i suppose....
what do u guys think?
-Danny

ricki
12-02-2006, 06:50 PM
I feel this season is better than the past few in terms of frequency of systems and speed of the wind. Hope it continues well into May! A while back the fronts were coming in on weekends, now it seems to be on weekdays. It should shift back in a while, we hope!

Skye
12-03-2006, 03:34 AM
Sounds nice. 10 days to go... :P

HIGHFLYN
12-21-2006, 06:10 PM
Knight Rider 8)

http://www.bestkiteboarding.com/Videos?loadVideo=http://media.bestkiteboarding.com/videos/knight_ride.wmv