PDA

View Full Version : the best of the best

Alex
11-30-2006, 06:21 PM
here it is. This is my latest video. it's got the best of the best footage we have acquired. all filmed either in hatteras, skyway, backside, and east beach. Personally i think it's amazing, now that this video is done, i think Josh and I are gonna film together, but ne1 who wants 2 be filmed and edited, just give us a shout and ask. My buddy sean is the mastermind behind all these videos, and he's pretty damn good!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=5WirJfEm7zc

shogun1204
11-30-2006, 06:41 PM
Nice Vid, but boy you have wayyyyy too much time on your hand Mr. Alex!

Eagle
11-30-2006, 07:45 PM
Great video Alex, I'm amazed at your progression.
It appears you have been bathing with Miracle Gro and eating your Wheaties. Keep it up!

JoshTaylor
11-30-2006, 10:00 PM
sick edit!

yeah.. i'll be driving in about a week:)

we will definitly be filming for sure.

PM me your number so i can get in touch with you on windy days to find out where you are.

E-Bone
12-01-2006, 06:03 AM
Cool video except for that hippie-throwback kiter with the long hair. Plus, those moves are way too complex. Why can't you just do a backroll?

inferno
12-01-2006, 07:11 AM
i didnt even see a hello-kitty :?

oc xrated
12-01-2006, 07:23 AM
lol the hello kitty would have been sick. meeeeee-oowwwww.

C. Moore
12-01-2006, 07:50 AM
That video is the sh!t. 8)

tomstock
12-01-2006, 09:35 AM
Kick ass!

toby wilson
12-01-2006, 01:32 PM
Sweet vid Alex! 8)

sparkyman
12-01-2006, 02:56 PM
Hey! I'm changing my name to Alex Fox. Maybe he'll give me some hair if he cuts it. Definately a cut and paste job for me. Sean, go to film school @ FSU Great program.

bayflite
12-02-2006, 06:27 AM
alex,
holy crap
that vid iz killer.
btw...iz that first move(manual)hard to do?
or iz the tin can to blind eye the one i should try 2 stick?
rock on dude.

Skyway Scott
12-02-2006, 06:59 AM
Funny, Bryan. Take off a day this week :wink:

Alex improvement rate is definitely off the chart.
He has inspired me to go unhooked (after decades of riding hooked in) and try new stuff.

So... if I try an S bend or unhooked tantrum to accidental kiteloop to my kite crashing right on your head.... it's basically Alex's fault.

bayflite
12-02-2006, 07:05 AM
Funny, Bryan. Take off a day this week Wink
or two 8)

Skyway Scott
12-02-2006, 09:20 AM
Sweet. So far we have yourself and Tom confirmed. Anyone else?
Ha Ha... Alex has to go to school!! :twisted:

JoshTaylor
12-02-2006, 02:31 PM
alex,
holy crap
that vid iz killer.
btw...iz that first move(manual)hard to do?
or iz the tin can to blind eye the one i should try 2 stick?
rock on dude.it's not to hard, it's fun though.. just take off your front fins. i've done them with fins.. just you catch your edge alot easier. it's possible with them too though.

tomstock
12-02-2006, 05:19 PM
Sweet. So far we have yourself and Tom confirmed. Anyone else?
Ha Ha... Alex has to go to school!! :twisted:

Excellent...so we have one full day to try to stick some of these tricks while he's stuck not riding. Maybe we have a chance to be as cool as Alex. I am going right now to Wig Villa to see if I can get a head of hair like his. I already have a tin can and a lump on my head, so I'm good there.

Skyway Scott
12-03-2006, 07:36 AM
I am gonna be whacking myself pretty good here for the next few months doing unhooked stuff. I can't believe I waited this long. I think the hybrids just make me feel a little safer about getting whacked. I am still gonna get my a%% slapped pretty good though......... :twisted:

Were the main tricks in the video (not mentioned in thread) so far -

Frontside flat 360, 360 backroll w/hp and a slim chance?

In general, is the 360 back with h/p easier than a slim?
I see alot in common between the two tricks (after watching them about 50 times each).

In a slimchance, do some riders get totally upside down (straight up on down, no off axis at all) during the h.p. and is it possible to actually over do it and go too far vertical and end up in the lines?

http://www.pkra.info/jumps/SLIM%20CHANCE2.wmv

What is (are) the best vids to see this stuff in slo mo and get good instruction for them?

Lastly, what are the odds of ripping an arm off totally during a slim chance?
Is there a chance it will just be partially ripped off so my surgeon can tape it back on, if need be?

Thanks.

Alex
12-03-2006, 08:25 AM
scott, the main tricks were mobe (backroll w/ FS handle pass) slim( frontroll w/ frontside handle pass), 313( raley to frontside handle pass) l3( kiteloppp to handle pass. i dont thin ull rip ur arm of during a slim, yes u do need to be compltely vertical during the pass. boosting the next level, is a decent instructional, kiteboarding 201 does not have and front roll handlepasses, mobes, or slims. 313 is def. one of the hardest in there, you have to be pretty damn powered to get that high fro a raley to be able 2 pass the handle on the decent. Have fun. look forward to c ing u out there.

Skyway Scott
12-03-2006, 09:18 AM
Cool.....so,

Which is easier... the mobe or the slim? I am guessing mobe.
I was thinking the 313 wouldn't be that bad, but I will take your word for it.

Did a mobe use to be called a 360 backroll with hp? In other words, is this a mobe? ------->

http://www.pkra.info/jumps/360%20back%20roll%20handle%20pass.wmv

I've never owned a kiting DVD. Guess I will buy one :)
Boosting TNL sounds like the one, huh?

JoshTaylor
12-03-2006, 09:30 AM
Cool.....so,

Which is easier... the mobe or the slim? I am guessing mobe.
I was thinking the 313 wouldn't be that bad, but I will take your word for it.

Did a mobe use to be called a 360 backroll with hp? In other words, is this a mobe? ------->

http://www.pkra.info/jumps/360%20back%20roll%20handle%20pass.wmv

I've never owned a kiting DVD. Guess I will buy one :)
Boosting TNL sounds like the one, huh?that was a mobe 5, just minus the extra spin he did and thats exactly what a back mobe is.

Alex
12-03-2006, 09:39 AM
dat was a mobe 5 yeah, slim or mobe, i don't really know. its all ur preference. depends on if you r better at frontrolls or backrolls. A mobe requires much more strength. A slim is all about timing. When i went 2 hatteras i was 125. and i couldnt do mobes when i came back i was 150 and doing them all the time.it requires strength get 2 the handle. a slim is a little easier. Im not sayin ur not strong enough scott, because i know u are, im just saying it will require alittle more.

Steve-O
12-04-2006, 10:47 AM
Alex....great vid man. Hope it's cool but I got your video posted on the local surfing web site. Gulfster.com Some more exposure for ya!!!

Also got some pics of the race posted on the Gulfster.com website.

Steve-O
WSW