PDA

View Full Version : Welcome

kiteflix
12-09-2004, 09:48 PM
Welcome to the FKA kiteboarding video section. This forum is open to discussion and questions regarding videotaping or filming the sport. I am honored Rick has chosen me as moderator and I hope this section will prove both helpful and also interesting.

cheers,
~george

kiteflix
12-09-2004, 09:48 PM
Welcome to the FKA kiteboarding video section. This forum is open to discussion and questions regarding videotaping or filming the sport. I am honored Rick has chosen me as moderator and I hope this section will prove both helpful and also interesting.

cheers,
~george

ricki
12-09-2004, 09:52 PM
Welcome to the Forum George! Thanks for moderating and for all the great video sequences over the years. Looking forward to interesting discussions and video clips to come.

ricki
12-09-2004, 09:52 PM
Welcome to the Forum George! Thanks for moderating and for all the great video sequences over the years. Looking forward to interesting discussions and video clips to come.

kiteflix
12-10-2004, 04:53 PM
Thanks, Rick. I'll try to help as I can. ANyone with questions, feel free to post.

kiteflix
12-10-2004, 04:53 PM
Thanks, Rick. I'll try to help as I can. ANyone with questions, feel free to post.

ricki
12-10-2004, 05:06 PM

Thanks George!

What would you say is the most common (readily answerable), question that you receive from folks looking to shoot and edit kiteboarding videos for the Internet?

ricki
12-10-2004, 05:06 PM

Thanks George!

What would you say is the most common (readily answerable), question that you receive from folks looking to shoot and edit kiteboarding videos for the Internet?

kiteflix
12-14-2004, 05:32 AM
A common question is, "How do you keep your camera so steady?" The answer: Practice. A good tripod is also imperative. I have been using a Bogen/Manfrotto for the last year. Very heavy but it helps in high winds. Of course the sand and saltwater destroy everything. I rebuilt it a few times already but now I need to send them back to the factory. I bought some new carbon fiber sticks that are a fraction of the weight and I am testing out now. Stay tuned for results.

kiteflix
12-14-2004, 05:32 AM
A common question is, "How do you keep your camera so steady?" The answer: Practice. A good tripod is also imperative. I have been using a Bogen/Manfrotto for the last year. Very heavy but it helps in high winds. Of course the sand and saltwater destroy everything. I rebuilt it a few times already but now I need to send them back to the factory. I bought some new carbon fiber sticks that are a fraction of the weight and I am testing out now. Stay tuned for results.

Lindy @ Sharkless.com
12-14-2004, 09:26 AM
George-

I just noticed you are a moderator too.

People ask me what I do for a living and I say that I'm a "Kiteboarding Art Moderator" and it sounds like it makes some good money. haha

How much does your tripod cost? I am in the market to get one since mine is jerky when i turn it. I usually have better luck hand holding my camera because I have a pretty steady hand.

What camera/cameras and editing equipment do you use?

Happy Holidays! :)

Lindy @ Sharkless.com
12-14-2004, 09:26 AM
George-

I just noticed you are a moderator too.

People ask me what I do for a living and I say that I'm a "Kiteboarding Art Moderator" and it sounds like it makes some good money. haha

How much does your tripod cost? I am in the market to get one since mine is jerky when i turn it. I usually have better luck hand holding my camera because I have a pretty steady hand.

What camera/cameras and editing equipment do you use?

Happy Holidays! :)

Ashlynn76934
12-26-2005, 04:14 AM
Stay tuned for results.

Prove it! give me some examples to what you just wrote.

kiteflix
01-03-2006, 10:29 AM
Hi Ashlynn,
What is it you would like proved?