PDA

View Full Version : Halo 14m '07

Matteo
11-21-2006, 05:25 PM
just wanted to share my thoughts about the new Halo 07 14m. I took it out for a spin last Saturday, it was about 10-13k.

First I have to say that when I was out with my Contra and Dave with his new toy I could not keep the same upwind angle...must admit though that he was riding his big protoy.

Then I gave it a try. I was expecting to be faster since last year's Halo was a drag and AR said that they have focused on speeding it up a bit....and they did, it reacts much faster than what I thought, maybe even faster than the Contra. The Bar pressure has definitely decreased and what amazed me the most was the jumping ability which from last year's model it's like a complete differest story. the hangtime was good too.

Overall AR has definitely improved its 14m Halo from a slow turning truck into a more versatile BOW kite.

I'm very curious to try the smaller sizes....

My personal advice is to try a kite before you buy it, your way of riding it might be totally different that others

PrayFaWind27
11-22-2006, 04:31 PM
I’m looking at getting another 06 16m Cab Cross bow , When I saw those massive rips in my Cab Cross bow it was like a member of my family died :cry: . I’m going to pass on the 07 Cab Bows, I’m going to stay away from the one pump. Mocean is getting the Waroo Pros , I will have to ride those and the Air Rush kites, but, I’m still a bit hesitant with all the newer Bows they took out the bar pressure and that’s one of the things that really have me crazy over the Cab Cross Bow. I’m truly hoping when I try the newer Bows I will get a sweet surprise.

PHENN
11-24-2006, 05:29 PM
so dave sold me a slow turning truck did he!!.... GHARRR!

:wink:

balloonboy
11-24-2006, 07:24 PM
Speed. Its all relative.
The new one is faster for sure but to learn and progress on there is nothing wrong with the 06. In fact, especially for a newbie you could make the argument a slower kite is better.

And there is very little change in the 10m- hopefully thats the kite you'll spend the most time on, so these kites should last you a while.

But if you really like we can swap 06 for 07 (er, + cash) :D

PrayFaWind27
11-24-2006, 09:42 PM
:evil: :evil: what a time for my Bow to be messed up, look at the wind chart for next week, DAMN!!! since my 16m got messed up i haven't had one good session, :(

balloonboy
11-25-2006, 06:40 AM
Well what are you waiting for?? I gave youthe name of the place - they're fast, cheap and very good.

PHENN
11-25-2006, 07:46 AM
haha... I'm not disappointed with the purchase dave! I'll worry about kite speed after a season or two.

Matteo
11-25-2006, 08:26 AM
Steve, the 10m 06 doesn't need any improvement, it's the 14m that needed to be improved but like Dave is saying it's a perfect kite for learning, stable, slow and lots of depower.

Matteo
11-25-2006, 08:31 AM
Shuman, AJ should still have my 16.5 Contra and you are more than welcome to borrow it....it's nothing like your CB though :wink: :wink: :wink:

PrayFaWind27
11-30-2006, 03:52 PM
Balloon boy was gracious enough to allowed me to take the 07 14m Halo through it’s paces at Blue hill . I know thoughts was going through his mind at times, if shuman hit those trees that kite is his. :lol: It was about 12-15 k more 12, I must say the kite is really sweet, with that light wind I was shocked to see the kind of hang time that kite gave me, I didn’t think I had the power to do any airs but I was dead wrong. I took it for some really fast turns and rode pretty close to the trees to see how fast I can make the turn before hitting it, with that kite I can be even more of a menace on the water , it turns about 20-30% faster than the my baby 06 16 Cab X Bow, I must admit in that wind condition the hang time is bigger and longer the than baby 06 16m Cab X Bow.The gripping of the bar is kind of slippery at least for me, I like the depowering system on that kite and I know it would make a good kite to learn handle passes with cause when that bar gets to a certain point on the center line that kite just falls out of the sky instantly. My concern is with the center line bar stopper, it works because the center line is thick what is going to happen when that line shrinks. All in all in the conditions I was in I usually don’t have a good session but with that kite I did. Balloon B you have to let me hit that thang when the wind gets to 15-20k mostly 20, if the hang time is crazy in lite wind then high winds it should be sick, if it is then I might have to start ripping my Cab stinkers down :twisted: .
P.S , first look at the 07 12M Cab X Bow didn’t have the luck on riding it but I gave it a once over visually and I was truly disappointed the kite looks really fragile.

balloonboy
12-01-2006, 09:20 AM
Earlier in the day it got up to about 17 or 18 and I'm amazed at the stability. You don't even have to depower using the line. The kite should easily go from 10 to 22 knots and possibly higher.

Speak to the local Airush Dealer (Cross Shore something-or-other) when they expect more kites in- I think they only have a 10 and 12 at the moment.

The 12 could be the ideal 1 kite quiver- even for medium weghts. It turns like the 10 with almost the power of the 14. With a big board like the Exile or a surfboard and a smaller one, the range could be 12-26+ kts.