PDA

View Full Version : Any wind expected for the Thanksgiving weekend

rct
11-20-2006, 12:12 PM
:?: I am heading over to Freeport this Thursday for the Thanksgiving weekend. Checked the forecast on Accuweather-not much wind Thu-Sun. I am wondering if it's worth it for me to haul all my gear with me, or if I should just hang with the folks and eat turkey???
Any advise from local riders will be appreciated- if and what to bring, good riding spots, should I rent a car, etc.
Thnaks,
Al

ricki
11-21-2006, 05:14 PM
:?: I am heading over to Freeport this Thursday for the Thanksgiving weekend. Checked the forecast on Accuweather-not much wind Thu-Sun. I am wondering if it's worth it for me to haul all my gear with me, or if I should just hang with the folks and eat turkey???
Any advise from local riders will be appreciated- if and what to bring, good riding spots, should I rent a car, etc.
Thnaks,
Al

Hello Al,

There is some information about launches, weather sites, etc. for Grand Bahama Island where Freeport is located at:

http://fksa.org/viewtopic.php?t=1242

It looks like a stronger front will slide through a bit before Thanksgiving but who knows? You might get some rideable conditions anyway.

mocean
11-21-2006, 07:00 PM
gday mate
as you know the forcast is not allways correct, as shuman said a little whyle back if you don't bring your gear it will blow 15 to 25 , if you bring your gear there might be no wind.
you gota be in it to win it....bring your gear you will be devistated if it blows .
roby dilete is from free port pm him to get some info on locals and riding spots as well as checking the link that rick supplyed.
aj

dillette53
11-22-2006, 11:21 AM
hey man i used to live in freeport.....i dont know where your stayin but there are a few good spots all are on the sout side of the island.....My favourite spot is a place called Bannana bay great flat water riding....you take the main street Easwt sunrise island towards the south like asd if your going to the hotel OUr lucaya....then turn left onto midshipman and take that a good ways down you will come to a four way stop the road will be with a sign that reads blackbeards beach take a right anfd follow that down to the beach a nice bay to ride in there....sorry if my directions all u need to do is ask a local their friendly andf can direct y9ou in the right way