PDA

View Full Version : Saturday, 11.04.06

E-Bone
11-03-2006, 08:54 PM
Lookz like Sunday might be stronger but I think Saturday will be good too. Full suits may be required for dawn patrol but we'll see.

Who is hanging with me at N Skyway tomorrow? For my part, I plan to charge early, to beat the crowds and to give myself a better chance for wind, given that it typically seems to die down from 11:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.

Why am I telling everyone these secrets? Because I have been doing so forever and still only a handful of people bother getting their asses out of bed early. You byatches need to get some skillz in bed--as in getting out of bed when the session is going off.

sgrundy
11-03-2006, 09:46 PM
Bruce, Sivero, and myself will be there at DP.
Shane

E-Bone
11-04-2006, 05:36 AM
Cool. I just dragged out of bed. Lookz like I need some skillz in bed myself.

Lori
11-04-2006, 05:44 AM
Donna I am heading out in 10 or so minutes fo sw

Lori

E-Bone
11-04-2006, 12:37 PM
Saturday morning was sick and windy! I started on a 9m and graduated to a 12m. I knew it was windy when I got there because inferno was on a 9m. Good stuff and it's still doable on a big kite right now.

Skyway Scott
11-04-2006, 03:25 PM
Donna just called WAY amped up. It musta been at least 16+ from 2 til 4pm to be that happy :)

I won't be surprised if it ramps up again.
She said only 5 people were out there in the afternoon. I guess most people hit EB. Glad every one tore it up.

Skyway Scott
11-04-2006, 06:30 PM
I talked to her again and she said about 15 riders were there at one point.
I heard a bunch of cool stories.

Phil, pumped up?
Hazmatt, still going huge!
Someone not like dogs, maybe?
Bill and Olga are still riding, cool.
Lots of stuff :)

The social scene (for kiting) in St. Pete is pretty unreal. Sounds like every time there is wind it is a kiting/social gathering. Pretty cool in most respects and there is always bound to be alot to tell with that many riders.

Who has more good stories?

I miss that stuff to a certain extent. S.A. is more like S.P. was about 4 years ago. Small local crew and you just hope one more guy is out there on alot of days so you aren't riding alone. That has its advantages and disadvantages as well. Nearly every kiter here has been riding for quite some time and knows what's up. But, with the limited crew, it is possible on some days to not have a buddy. Riding alone out here is more risky for sure. No beach front bars or condos, so very limited (if any) onlookers on real windy days. Very possible to get in trouble and have waves eat you for lunch with no one really noticing. The serenity is real cool, til you realize it has its price.

With that in mind, when you coming up Tom, Philthy, Randy, Bruce, Toby, Bill, Raul, Josh, Alex .............. ?

:) 8)

JoshTaylor
11-05-2006, 06:59 PM
Scott,
i'll be there almost definitly winter break.. probably me and matt only (think you will have us a place to stay?)

this weekend was epic
stories good.. but way to long to type.