PDA

View Full Version : whos feeling crazy, real crazy

inferno
11-01-2006, 07:10 AM
here the surf report for the east coast

"Nov 1 (Wed) - BIG SURF ALERT for the weekend - Perhaps surf season has finally arrived. 3 to 4 foot+ today with brisk on-shores. Winds begin to slack off some in the late PM. Smaller surf but less wind Thurs. A major Chop City session begins to build Friday. It kicks off with 20 to 25 knot N winds, with the winds shifting more NE thru the weekend. Size estimates are running as high as 10 to 13 feet by Sunday. At the moment there is no end in sight (which means it will last well into next week). Surf conditions will be extreme. Friday looks too northy, but for die hard paddlers, Sat may be negotiable at the right spots if the wind doesn't blow your board away.

anybody want to charge 10 ft waves with me, and on a NE we get to ride left foot first :D
i need atleast one die hard kiter with me or i probably wont go...

BigR
11-01-2006, 08:45 AM
I can think of at least 20 places that will be those conditions, can you at least specify where you were thinking??? :roll:

inferno
11-01-2006, 08:55 AM
i go to the closest east coast beach, cocoa beach, i dont have much time so thats the closest beach you can get to, ill be checking the fri report to see how it looks...

mocean
11-01-2006, 09:52 AM
we got some good wind coming from friday to tuesday next week.
not sure if your getting the same wind but I wanted to let you wind jonesers, incase anyone wanted to come over to Nassau.
aj

tomstock
11-01-2006, 10:09 AM
Which day, Sat or Sun? At the break of dawn and back around noon... maybe...

inferno
11-01-2006, 10:15 AM
definately on sat, i got church on sun :D

mocean
11-01-2006, 10:19 AM
http://www.weather.com/outlook/travel/businesstraveler/tenday/NAS:9?dp=windsdp
I use this for extened weather hasent let me down as much as weather underground.
anyways the wind looks good and I just wanted to give you guys some more opptions.
aj

Skyway Scott
11-01-2006, 01:13 PM
I have Friday and Sunday off and obviously am riding.
PM if someone wants to sleep on the floor.
I am on the floor too, (no furniture til house sells).

tomstock
11-01-2006, 08:54 PM
I dunno, I looked at the forecast and it looks like 3-6ft max... super choppy though..

inferno
11-02-2006, 08:18 AM
forecast still looking good

Nov 2 (Thurs) - BIG CHOP CITY SURF ALERT for the weekend - Perhaps some small lines out there at lower tides today, but a major Chop City session begins to build Friday and continues for at least the next 6 days. It kicks off with 20 to 25 knot++ N winds, with the winds shifting more NE thru the weekend. Size estimates are running as high as 10 to 13 feet by Sat morning, then settling into the 6 to 9 foot range for the long haul. Surf conditions will be EXTREME with 20 to 25 knot+ onshores, dropping to 20 knots later in the week. Friday looks too northy, but by Sat the wind direction will begin to clock more from the NE.

anybody gonna go with me????

tomstock
11-02-2006, 02:48 PM
I think they are overestimating the surf... last time I saw 10-13ft over there was during a hurricane. Maybe they mean bouy readings.

Anyway, no doubt it'll be fun... just checked and I'm not gonna be able to go this weekend. I'm going to do some riding here instead so I can do some chores around the house.