PDA

View Full Version : Sat at Bongos

bryanleighty
10-29-2006, 04:06 PM
Got to spend about an hour on the waroo pro 11 then back to back with an hour on a 12 atom..

on the 11 i was riding a best 138 pro.. on the 12 it was billys underground flx (this it is 131 or something.. tiny little thing)..

both kites are just amazing. i have been riding waroo's exclusivly for since early this year so the waroo pro was basically like my 12 standard with just a bit more stability. I was LITT. i never ride my waroos w/ with much depower in the strap.. if i do and i sheet out, the waroos are knows to get fluttery and this is when inversions can occur. i have learned that the waroos fly their best if you keep full power and only use depower in situations where you are trying to hold down under extreme conditions..

the waroo pro tho is a different ball game.. it was solid w/ lots of depower.. i did some tests w/ full depower and full sheet out and it was pretty damn solid. i wish they had an 07 waroo standard so i could compare the two.

as for the atom.. it pulls like a truck, has moderate depower and is no where near as fast as a waroo. it is a solid kite but i have adapted completely to the feel of a waroo that it would take a lot to sell me on a different kite. i enjoyed the atom a lot..
the wind was GUSTY for both my demo times and both the waroo and the atom made flying in big sea swells with gusting conditions FUN.

add that Noel from Best was there and I got see him boost MASSIVE a few times.. it was a f**king awesome day.

yee haw.

tomstock
10-29-2006, 09:39 PM
Yeah I was out there on a 15M Yarga. Well powered, still some range left. Enough to jump bigger than I expected or intended most of the time, a few just plain scary. Had a blast surfing the waves and boosting from the faces.

I figure I rode past Bongos at around 11:30-12:00. I saw about 5 or 6 kites setting up and a few on the water. I tried to come in once to say hello but my kite fell out of the sky when I approached the wind blocked beach. It was a moment of terror with kids on the beach, parents, tourists and my kite falling in 20mph winds. I managed to save it and quickly body dragged back out away from the beach. Decided the visit would have to wait.

Then, wasted the last half hour of my riding time trying to rescue the tied up kite. Gave up and came in to call for a boat. Didn't realize someone left it there intentionally. Glad everyone was ok.

Had a good time... glad u guys were having a good time. Wish I could have stopped, but it was too sketchy without someone to catch the kite.