PDA

View Full Version : Heading in from ATL.

Woodson
10-27-2006, 09:17 AM
Hey gang,
I'm leaving here shortly from Atlanta to get down to Tampa and meet some of you guys and learn a thing or two. With the wind shifting west in St. Augustine, figure I'll keep going down on I75. Anything going on this evening or meeting place tomorrow for downwinder? Usual spot to ride Saturday? I know about the party just didn't know how early everyone was getting out there.

Thanks

Bryan W.

amber
10-27-2006, 11:08 AM
There will be some weather coming thru in the morning. There will be guys arriving at Bongo's around 11am according to the thread on the kitemasters part of this forum. Check back there for updates. There will be a lot of riding in front of bongo's with demo equipment and I know some of the guys are going to do a test run of the race. see ya tomorrow!

C. Moore
10-27-2006, 02:09 PM
I will be at Bongo's at 11:00am with some guys from different kite companies doing Demos. Flexfoil, Cabrinha, RRD, and Slingshot. I will PM you my number in case you want to meet up with us.

JoshTaylor
10-27-2006, 02:21 PM
I will be at Bongo's at 11:00am with some guys from different kite companies doing Demos. Flexfoil, Cabrinha, RRD, and Slingshot. I will PM you my number in case you want to meet up with us.will be there around 11.. possibly earlier

toby wilson
10-27-2006, 02:29 PM
Bayflite and I also just got in some new Ocean Rodeo gear that will be available for demo!!! :D

Woodson
10-27-2006, 03:28 PM
awesome... currently heading south on 75 in some ridiculously nasty weather. look forward to the demos and meeting the gang. getting in late tonight due to weather. first timer in tampa so you get to break in another newbie to the area.

also looking for new gear while down so looks to be a good weekend to be down here. see you guys in the am.

any plans tonight?

shogun1204
10-29-2006, 04:47 PM
Hey Ryan, it was great to meet you man. Give me a call when you come back down.

toby wilson
10-30-2006, 06:49 AM
Is it Bryan or Ryan? I thought your name was Bryan and was calling you that all weekend... :oops:

Woodson
10-30-2006, 09:58 AM
Nah, man, you got it right. Its Bryan. It's that southern drawl that confuses people.

Was an incredible weekend. Can't wait to do it again in a couple weeks. I'm do a Tampa review here in the next couple days, right now got to get paid where I can come back and play...

Awesome group of guys. Still smiling this morning...

toby wilson
10-30-2006, 11:28 AM
It was great to meet you, looking forward to seeing you down here for the race!!! :twisted:

JoshTaylor
10-30-2006, 01:37 PM
bryan,
it was great meeting you saturday

will be even greater kicking your a$$ in the race :twisted:

shogun1204
10-31-2006, 09:25 AM
Opps yeah I thought you said Ryan, my bad. You win Toby, you heard him right. LOL

Woodson
10-31-2006, 09:31 AM
No sweat... They list me as Bryan Wood instead of Woods on the confirmed page...

And Josh, you may be holding the trophy at the end of the race(no chance in hell of me holding it unless the winner's hands are full) , but I'll be holding a nice cold refreshing beer... :P :P Really cool watching you ride Saturday morning.

Can't wait to get back down there. Feel like I finally got to see true kiteboarding with a real group of classy hospitable people... made it that much more addicting... Can't wait to get back down in a couple weeks.

amber
10-31-2006, 09:58 AM
you should just move down.

Woodson
10-31-2006, 10:42 AM
Funny, I just submitted for to Project Manager roles in Tampa/St. Pete area this AM. Wouldn't mind doing a 6 month contract as a consultant in the area to see how I like it...

inferno
10-31-2006, 11:17 AM
Funny, I just submitted for to Project Manager roles in Tampa/St. Pete area this AM. Wouldn't mind doing a 6 month contract as a consultant in the area to see how I like it...

where at??

Woodson
10-31-2006, 11:47 AM
ARC Group of Jacksonville has a Tampa position open and the other one was with K-Force Consulting? Anyways, IT oriented BA or PM. Seriously, weekends at DeSoto and downwinders with friends... You guys are living a coveted life...

bryanleighty
10-31-2006, 01:24 PM
tough to sit it out during the summers.. but we've got it really good when the season is here..

add that we had an extra long spring .. its been a fantastic year thus far.

shogun1204
10-31-2006, 02:42 PM
Hey Bryan, pm me when you get a chance. I want you to send me a copy of your resume. I work in IT and we might be needing someone with your skills. At least I can foward your resume to our IT manager.

Later,
Roy