PDA

View Full Version : Monday, 10.23.06

E-Bone
10-23-2006, 06:11 AM
Big R just called me and woke my ass up. Apparently, the wind line just came through and it's going off. It appears that low tide today is around 8:30 a.m., so Big R is heading to South Skyway. He's sending a call out to anyone whose interested to go out to South Skyway and join him.

A word of warning to anyone who charges South Skyway for the first time: there is a LOT of sharp stuff out there. Booties are mandatory unless you want your feet sliced and diced. Park at the rest stop and set up in the mud a ways out. If the tide is high, there is a little island out there you have to hike to for rigging.

inferno
10-23-2006, 06:34 AM
i was on my way out there but changed my mind when i saw all the dark clouds, looks like it could pour at any moment,
ill be leaving work early around 4 to either SW NB or IRB depending on the direction

Optionryder420
10-23-2006, 09:12 AM
I'll be at IRB most of the day.

skempthepimp
10-23-2006, 09:56 AM
It looks to be sideshore at Sand Key and Bellair for most of the day. Sounds nice for a short downwinder with some nice wave action. Also there has been a lot of beach renourishment in the area so there's a lot of room to launch and land over there(the kite that is).

toby wilson
10-23-2006, 11:05 AM
NP for me...

Jake
10-23-2006, 06:20 PM
20kts with gusts to 26kts Northern Pinellas at 5pm. Too much for my smallest kite (15.5m). Can't wait to get my 12m Waroo!!

E-Bone
10-23-2006, 06:42 PM
Backside was good, but some riders, including the Bone, took some lacerations. Backside was feasting on our flesh.

inferno
10-23-2006, 06:51 PM
IRB was solid 25knots, litt outta the mind on the 14m waroo, biggest jumps ever, and five foot faces barreling in just asking me to tear them up, best wave carving ive ever done...

bryanleighty
10-24-2006, 06:50 AM
HUGE thanks to Danny for calling me to give me the scoop on IRB.. never been there before.. wasnt with all my gear and he hooked me up with a board to ride.

everyone was going off and having a blast..

for a while there it was the Waroo Crew w/ myself, Danny and Bayflight tearing it up. Swells were much larger than anything i had been dealt previously.. coming off a lip and realizing i am 8 feet up without doing anything was a good shock to the system a few times.. :)

and I was thinking we were all that and a bag of chips until the Flexi Crew came riding through. Billy and friends bust through the beach on a downwinder and proceeded to school us on how to get 30+ feet off a lip w/ style.

yowza.

i was on my 12waroo and by the time 630 rolled around I was completely overpowered and had to set down..

Again.. thanks Danny!!

Unimog Bob
10-24-2006, 06:53 AM
Jeez Danny if you are riding your 14M in 25kts solid when are you going to pump up your 9M roo? That was supposed top be the magic size for the 06 waroos.

bryanleighty
10-24-2006, 07:09 AM
both Danny and I should have out on our 9's..

E-Bone
10-24-2006, 07:25 AM
Yeah, once you fly the 9m Waroo I am surprised if you even want to take the 12m out of the bag.

I was on a 9m Ion and a 118 cm board yesterday, and I had plenty.

bryanleighty
10-24-2006, 07:31 AM
definitely a grey area when you are on a hybrid kite like a waroo or ion. never would have thought of rigging a 12m C instead of a 9m C..

i was overpowered most of the day but never to any point where i didnt feel in complete control .. i was depowered about 1/3 of the way..

towards the later part of the day i was thinking of putting up the 9 but the sun was going down and time was running out..

bryanleighty
10-24-2006, 07:46 AM
and on that same topic.. i love my 12 waroo.. my 9 is great.. and when the wind is there for a 9 its truly going off and fun times are to be had..

but i have been riding my 12 pretty much exclusively since the day i got it and i've got it dialed exactly how it like it and rarely have to even look at the kite ..

i just dont have the hours on my 9 .. but i am sure i will as the season goes on!

yee haw!

inferno
10-24-2006, 08:45 AM
Jeez Danny if you are riding your 14M in 25kts solid when are you going to pump up your 9M roo? That was supposed top be the magic size for the 06 waroos.

today at the south sw with raul,...
and lets just say that yesterday i was comfortable on the 14m but wouldnt have gone out in more,
and for today, i was litt out of my mind on the 9m!!!!
i was reading up to 39mph on my meter, i think thats the limit on my 9m...and i didnt think id ever get a chance to find the max of that kite :D

this was the first time ive ever been kiting and been scared to send the kite, literaly scared
big thanx to raul for going out there with me
thats the most wind ive ever ridden in

BigR
10-24-2006, 12:33 PM
this was the first time ive ever been kiting and been scared to send the kite, literaly scared
big thanx to raul for going out there with me
thats the most wind ive ever ridden in

:shock: :shock: :shock:

I think a fews more kts and the 9M Xbow II mighta' topped out as well :o

tomstock
10-24-2006, 02:50 PM
Think there's anything left for after work? Will it pick up a little at 5:30? I missed it.

inferno
10-24-2006, 02:54 PM
ill be out for wed DP, probably wont be enought to ride but i need to clean off the kites after these past two days, but are covered in mud/sand, plus i need to fix my bar that broke on me

Optionryder420
10-24-2006, 09:38 PM
I'll be at Ft. Desoto tomorrow from 2-5 probably.

Marine Bio Field trip... I'm bringing kites just incase.