PDA

View Full Version : wed sea breeze

inferno
10-11-2006, 04:23 AM
temp is starting at 65 and supposed to reach about 85, sounds like a recipete for a seabreeze and the forecasts agree,
if so ill be going to picnic around 4pm with my new 20m waroo :shock: :D

bayflite
10-11-2006, 06:19 AM
danny
give us a review of that kite dude.
IMHO big kites are a drag<<<<<literally.

inferno
10-11-2006, 06:43 AM
anybody's welcome to try it, i know i would be fine on the 16m for my light wind kite, but i love to be litt, and from ive heard this kite should be ridable from 8-9 up to 20+, thats a one kite summer quiver (excluding hurricanes)

right now i have a 21m nemi, the 20m waroo has got to turn way faster that thing

the 14m simply rocks, since having it ive learn unhooked kiteloops, F-16's, backroll kiteloops, toeside backroll kiteloops, frontroll kiteloops and riding blind, and a whole list of tricks i want to start trying

not hype but the kite has definately improved my riding
the real DP out-

Unimog Bob
10-11-2006, 07:10 AM
I can't make it this afternoon, it my better half's birthday, but tomorrow looks to be better windwise. Whats the in spot for SW to WSW?

Bob

toby wilson
10-11-2006, 10:07 AM
Bayflite, you should check out my 20.5 Machine. I have no issues with that kite whatsoever, turns quickly enough and has TONS of power. Of course the smaller kites are quicker but the larger ones harness A LOT of power... I have found that this kite is my cutoff as I also own the inflatable office building (25.5 Machine) but it is only good for downwinders and turns VERY slowly...

inferno
10-11-2006, 11:42 AM
looks like its all ready starting :D

i can head out anytime after 2 or 3, so let me know if your heading out and where

Optionryder420
10-11-2006, 12:41 PM
I'm contemplating going out... doesn't seem like it'll be enough wind for me on my 13meter.

May just head to the beach and chill for a little after class to see if it decides to pick up or not.

EDIT: Redington or Indian Rocks beach that is.

inferno
10-11-2006, 01:06 PM
I'm contemplating going out... doesn't seem like it'll be enough wind for me on my 13meter.

i have a 21m for sale with bar/lines, you could ride it in 9-10 easy (i can) and with the fifth line you could hold it down to 15 and then jump on your 13 :D

inferno
10-11-2006, 02:34 PM
well it definately doesnt look ridable.... i guess thats the best time to check out the low end of my new kite, so im heading to picnic in about 20min, hopefully i can get atleast solid 9knots and i should be good
not to mention ive been at work since 4:45 so i think i need to leave

call if you want a report, i might have my phone on me????

toby wilson
10-11-2006, 02:58 PM
Well I have a 25m for sale with bar and lines!!! :P

inferno
10-11-2006, 05:29 PM
first impressions on the 20m....

conditions:
wind speed = 4-6knots gusting to 7 (measured)
board = size 11 Vans
water conditions = bottled

yeah... there wasnt any wind
but i did pump up the kite and it looks like its going to rock, and after looking at it for a good half an hour.... i figured what the heck, put on the harness and rigged the lines...
i decided to self launch since i was by my SELF, so i clipped the CL to a pole and set the kite up at the window expecting it to immediately fall over.... but it didnt, it just sat there.... so i ran as fast as i could to the bar and turned around just in time to see the kite....ummm... still just sitting there...weird....
so i hooked in and launched it.. it went to 12 o clock and sat there, i flew it for about 15min, looped it a few times, even had enough power to pull me across the ground, in 5 knots

so far, im well please with the beast, it even turned pretty quick for a 20m in 5knots

more to come....