PDA

View Full Version : yamacraw

mocean
10-05-2006, 06:02 PM
yea you where right shuman
nice place to ride in a NNE flat water.
not the best beach and yes there are a few kite killing trees and a few objects to ovoid.
but at low tide it's a safer launch than go slow.
aj

balloonboy
10-12-2006, 01:45 PM
Its pretty frickin' East tho. Unless you are already East and unless the weekend, it'd take the better part of 2 hrs to get there in traffic.

In NNE I'd go to Club Med, or stay West and sail waves and leave the flat water kiting to Blue-ish Hill another time.

But thats just me.

PrayFaWind27
10-12-2006, 04:13 PM
I have a special connection with Yamacraw I got up and rode for the first time there 8) .Isn’t the best spot but it’s the only spot that gives you shallow water(low tide) on NE ENE wind,Blue hill on a ENE is crap.

mocean
10-13-2006, 09:12 AM
if you can get through the trafic and made a mistake on locations, like you have gone to blue hill and the wind is to N.
try yamacraw, you will be plesenty suprized.
I was checking googel earth the other night and there are a few more spots on the eastern side of Nassau that we have not been riding in .
crappy beaches with car wrecks and hatian boat wrecks but it looks nice from googel earth.
aj

dillette53
10-30-2006, 12:27 PM
I just had great session today out at yamacraw wind was ENE at about 15K its was great I like that place a whole lot more than the Jet Ski ramp....no frickin bouys to dodge and the launch area less sketchy i think...only promblem there is only space for 1 kite at a time

balloonboy
10-31-2006, 11:41 AM
Ah, but did you see Beach Bay (just west of Delaporte Point) y'day.
Looked very nice. Pretty flat with nice sets coming through.

Think I'm going to spend more time there this winter.

mocean
11-01-2006, 07:09 AM
that is oficialy known as balloon boy beach.
aj

Matteo
11-01-2006, 03:55 PM
Hey Dilette, don't forget that shit happens very fast above 20k....I keep saying that riding in 10 to 20k in one thing and riding above 20k is a completely other game. There's isn't much time to react.....

PrayFaWind27
11-01-2006, 04:25 PM
true indeed, Metteo, i remember when i was riding by myself in the beginning of my kiting, i rode my 8m in 20-30k and that was an eye opener,there's absolutely no room for mistakes.Kite boarding in that kind of wind, can go from, WOOOW!!! I’m having so much fun, to thinking ,Thank you god, I can’ t believe I’m still alive, while laying in your hospital room.