PDA

View Full Version : What is the moon doin?

toby wilson
10-02-2006, 10:43 AM
I saw a half moon the other night with clear skies, does anyone know if we have a night coming up soon that might be good for a ride in LP? I have to work 11AM to 8PM and other than DP's it is my only option to ride during the week...

A-Bomb
10-02-2006, 02:24 PM
Toby,
I don't know what the moon is up to with out researching it, but do you usually have something keeping you from going before work? It seems to me that a lot of times the NE wind only blows until 11AM and that schedule would be pretty good for the Winter. Or am I confused and it only does that in the Spring?

My schedule for the Winter is going to be 9:30 to 5:30, so I plan on going to the Skyway before work a lot. It gets dark early once the time change kicks in. I have the feeling that I may become sick more often this year too. :wink:

I can remember many days when the NE wind shut off at the Skyway around 10 or 11 AM. Of course, night time is another story.

toby wilson
10-02-2006, 03:37 PM
I just HATE life right now. I am sitting in this stupid office while the wind is blowing outside... I really don't want to work in an office. I need more flexible hours or I'm gonna get laid off again in like 2 weeks!!! :evil:

Just kidding (really I'm not)

Yeah, I'll be riding in the mornings but last year I had a great setup, office was located in St. Pete just over the Skyway, accessible to EB, SW and PAG on any given day after work because I got off at 4:30 PM!!! I snuck out at 4 a lot, with the boss' okay of course. I have a feeling that this year just isn't going to be quite as good to me...

But who knows, maybe I'll like morning rides!!!

Skyway Scott
10-02-2006, 03:37 PM
http://www.sunrisesunset.com/calendar.asp

choose Tampa

Full moon on Friday (this is Friday's data for Tampa) looks Perfect :D

Sunrise: 7:25am
Sunset: 7:11pm
Moonrise: 6:55pm
Moonset: 6:43am
Full Moon: 10:13pm

toby wilson
10-02-2006, 04:04 PM
Thanks Scott. Sorry for the negative vibes guys, I'm just really jonesing like the rest of you are after like 3 months of nothing special. Last real ride = approx June 25th in Waves, NC. 7 mile Downwinder from the south back up to Hatteras Island Sail Shop launch...

I'd better stop whining though, I am starting to annoy myself!!! :shock: :oops: