PDA

View Full Version : Best Waroo 16 and Cabrihna Contra 14

Matteo
09-26-2006, 08:28 PM
I had the chance to take those two kites out for a spin (back to back). The wind was kinda light (8-12k) and I was on my 127 Protoy on flat water. Here are my impressions:

Forward Speed
Waroo 9
Contra 10

Turning speed
Waroo 10
Contra 7

low-end power
Waroo 8
Contra 10

Stability
Waroo 9
Contra 10

Depower
Waroo 10
Contra 10

The Waroo felt super light on my arms and very fast, very reactive to my inputs. I felt it needed some trimming though. The Contra was heavier on my arms but had slighly more low end power. I could not test the jumping and hangtime ability because of the light wind. They both look well made, the Waroo's bar is very plain but very effective, the Contra one feels a bit better in your hands but it's not as plain. I'm worried about the one pump system that Cabrinha has, useful but I wouldn't like to deal with a leak.

Trying two new kites back-to-back in the same conditions really makes you understand which kite is for you.

Waroo:
pros: turns very fast (faster than the Contra 14), it's super light on your arms, it's stable, has huge depower and has a very plain but effective bar
cons: low-end (I felt it needs an extra knot to keep you upwind)

Contra:
pros: low-end (I could stay upwind easier), it's super stable and has huge depo

PrayFaWind27
09-26-2006, 09:08 PM
i need to try those 2 kites now, cause Balloon B likes the Waroo, but i have a problem ,i'm soo
in love with the C Bow, i would feel like i'm commiting adultery if i ride another kite and we all know what God thinks about adultery :D :D

balloonboy
09-27-2006, 07:26 AM
God forgives those who truly repent.
Or, time to find a new God.

I tried the Waroo too back to back with the Halo.
Its much quicker across the window and slightly faster forward speed.
Much lighter on the bar but less bottom end and less stable (needs subtle trimming all the time).

Its a better intermediate/advanced kite I think. To learn and begin on the the disadvantages of the Halo might be pluses.

But thats the 2006 Halo- the 2007 should be here next month. It is improved in these areas but still having pulleys will never be as quick as a non-pulley Waroo type kite.

mocean
09-27-2006, 08:05 AM
I just want to say that I think you guys are amazing.
your honesty is making me speachless.
I'm so proud of all of you guys , in a most humble way.
I'm very greatfull for your oppinions.
aj

balloonboy
09-27-2006, 10:14 AM
We're nothing if not honest.

Not don't go and tear up on us.