PDA

View Full Version : pre-race practice

bryanleighty
09-25-2006, 02:26 PM
yo fellow kiters..

i know its still a bit away.. but it will be here before you know it.

who's up for some semi-organized kitemasters race practice???

besides conditioning for a 2 to 3 hour race, i'd like to try out some different equipment and techniques. i know that some are big on doing downwinders.. i have absolutely zero under my belt at this point..

so..

keep this in mind for race practice or even just a great full day o' kiting..

anyone got any tips/tricks they could offer? board/kite suggestions?

i am thinking of rigging a small backpack with dual sipping straws.. one for fresh water..one for something like gatorade .. maybe even picking up one of those inflatable things to attach to the board so that board retrival will be easier..

-bryan

toby wilson
09-25-2006, 02:47 PM
I'm in for downwinders...in the morning or weekends...once my leg heals... :roll:

Skyway Scott
09-25-2006, 04:05 PM
http://www.oceanrodeo.com/gojoe.php

Rig huge, hold on... don't let Chris lose to you :lol:

C. Moore
09-25-2006, 05:30 PM
I like making it the endurance race. PJ and I are racing for last again.

toby wilson
09-25-2006, 07:01 PM
25.5 Machine and Ocean Rodeo Mako 150, I'm winning!!! :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:

vic
09-25-2006, 07:37 PM
i would suggest one of those straws be attached to red stripe...

and with me in the race, i don't think anyone else needs to worry about coming in last :wink:

Big G
09-26-2006, 06:45 AM
A practice run is in order....as soon as we get a good front coming, we will set up at Sand Key and ride to at least Bongo's. For those that would like to go a little further, PG beach is down a few more miles.

Be ready on short notice if you can make the practice run. Preferably it will be on a Sat/Sun just like the race however a week day may also be necessary.

Cars will need to be staged and the finish so we don't need to ride the trolley back to the start however its will be there as a back up. A few volunteers that can meet at the finish to leave a return ride will be needed.

It will be a blast and dont forget your race face!!! Of course non-racers are welcome along with all racers to come out and participate in the practice.

Big G

bryanleighty
09-26-2006, 08:47 AM
[quote="vic"]i would suggest one of those straws be attached to red stripe...
[quote]

damn straight!

Erick
09-26-2006, 09:17 AM
Aloha! I'm in .... please include me when it comes. Plus I want to try my surfboard with straps.
No presure guys. My main goal is to finish the race and have enough energy for the party. 8) :D

Life is good when kiteboarding

tomstock
09-26-2006, 04:06 PM
Grab your biggest kite and biggest board. If you can hold on the longest you will win. That's how a down wind race works :)

bryanleighty
09-26-2006, 04:36 PM
kinda what i was thinking.. hopefully we'll get some good wind in october so i can test the high end of my waroo 16.. i'd hope that and my 160 board that i got from Ebone last year (great in waves!) will be my combo..

toby wilson
09-26-2006, 05:00 PM
I'm right there with ya Bryan, need to test the high end of my 25.5 Machine! Can you guys imagine how quick I would get lofted??? :shock:

It is my BIGGEST kite though...Tom? :lol: :wink:

bryanleighty
09-26-2006, 05:10 PM
could not imagine holding down something like a 25.5 for 2 to 3 hours..
yikes!

inferno
09-26-2006, 05:12 PM
hopefully we'll get some good wind in october so i can test the high end of my waroo 16..

i should have my 20m Waroo by then :D ... i might make half the race in the air :shock:

toby wilson
09-26-2006, 05:27 PM
Well I'd probably be done in 45 minutes!!! :lol:

inferno
09-26-2006, 06:33 PM
toby, it only counts if you still have your board at the finish line :lol:
also you are required to stop at the finish line as well... no fly-by's :?

toby wilson
09-26-2006, 06:56 PM
Easy!

Duct tape and a reliable QR!!!

Big G
09-26-2006, 07:08 PM
You'll have plenty of chances to try out all the new gear everyone has stocked up on this past off season. This will be a good chance for those that arent sure if they are up for the endurence. It's going to be demanding on your legs so the practice will be a good chance for you to see just where you are physically.

I dont now about you guys but the summer has been good to me....my harness was tight this past session....

Look forward to seeing eveeryone there....

Big G

Cborges
10-22-2006, 07:37 PM
Count me in as well...I went to OWC to step it up regarding endurance and all...tried to hang on to the cable as long as I could before my arms were numb...Victoria...you got the right idea with the red stripe...but I think maybe some red bull and @&& hmm...who knows...a splash of good luck ...wont hurt...I am in for the downwinder trail FOSHO!!!
CJ(newgalintown) :twisted: