PDA

View Full Version : Sunday Ride

kiwiar2000
09-25-2006, 10:48 AM
So I head to the Bay @ 4:00 in the Afternoon, keeping in mind that the wind reports indicated 11-14knts. I go there, its great. Takes me about 30 minutes to rig EVERYTHING(pump, untie knots, lines connecting, waiting for people to clear out of the way, launching, etc) and it turns out to be a lethargic day.
The winds went down to 9-11 knots, with my 13 meter yarga.(Im a bit lightweight).
To make matters worse, it was low tide. And when its low tide in Matheson Hammocks(Biscayne Bay), you come home with seaweed up to your ass. The water was up to my ankles, forcing me to pack up.
I, however, was the only dude with the smallest kite flying out there compared to some large BFK's.
thats a plus :lol:
any weekend stories u got?
-Danny

ricki
09-25-2006, 01:11 PM
So I head to the Bay @ 4:00 in the Afternoon, keeping in mind that the wind reports indicated 11-14knts. I go there, its great. Takes me about 30 minutes to rig EVERYTHING(pump, untie knots, lines connecting, waiting for people to clear out of the way, launching, etc) and it turns out to be a lethargic day.
The winds went down to 9-11 knots, with my 13 meter yarga.(Im a bit lightweight).
To make matters worse, it was low tide. And when its low tide in Matheson Hammocks(Biscayne Bay), you come home with seaweed up to your ass. The water was up to my ankles, forcing me to pack up.
I, however, was the only dude with the smallest kite flying out there compared to some large BFK's.
thats a plus :lol:
any weekend stories u got?
-Danny

Sorry the wind eased on you. I woke up thinking, well no wind today. I then noticed the trees moving, dialed into windomatic and damn, there was rideable wind yesterday morning. I threw up the wind alert, http://fksa.org/viewtopic.php?t=1187 , even included a tip for your area and ran off to the launch.

I took a Contra 14 m and two boards including a new UG XXXL ultra lightwind board I just bought from Extreme Kites in St. Augustine (Thanks Daryl!). I was pretty much set although walking at times. That board loves to point and ride upwind with adequate breeze. It was a nice five hour session. Not real powered but there were some breaker zones to burst through.

Stay tuned for cold fronts, they should start sometime?! It looks like it might even build up enough to be rideable today, perhaps around 3 or 4 pm.

HIGHFLYN
09-25-2006, 02:33 PM
I woke up thinking, well no wind today. I then noticed the trees moving, dialed into windomatic and damn, there was rideable wind yesterday morning. I threw up the wind alert, http://fksa.org/viewtopic.php?t=1187 , even included a tip for your area and ran off to the launch.

It was a nice five hour session. Not real powered but there were some breaker zones to burst through.

Stay tuned for cold fronts, they should start sometime?! It looks like it might even build up enough to be rideable today, perhaps around 3 or 4 pm.

YeeHaaa I stuffed in a FULL day yesterday from 8:45am till 5pm, Kited the North side of Boynton inlet. Yesterday IMO was the PERFECT kiting day. Good Breeze with higher gusts (NO LULLS) and a beautiful 1-3ft South wind swell to boost and slash off :lol:

I do believe that somewhere in the back of my mind I thought I was still 15 years old. Putting in a day like that yesterday. After putting in 9+ hours and a total of 5 solid sessions. I'm paying the price today.

BUT~ TOTTALY WORTH IT :lol:

ricki
09-26-2006, 10:29 AM
It sounds like an excellent session. Were you on a darker kite? I think I saw one to the north on and off.

We lucked on on Sunday, lousy forecast but the breeze and waves came through anyway.

HIGHFLYN
09-26-2006, 02:48 PM
Were you on a darker kite? I think I saw one to the north on and off.

That I was Rick, I was flying my 16M X4 Red/White & Blue and my 140 x 46cm Squall Custom (that has been my GOTO combo this summer)

:wink: