PDA

View Full Version : possible tues DP

inferno
09-18-2006, 03:22 PM
do know how soon it will be picking up but were supposed to get a lot of rain in the afternoon so im gonna check the wind around 5:15am and see how it looks for DP...

skempthepimp
09-19-2006, 08:05 AM
Wolfie and i will be hangin in our cars between the rain showers at picnic island this afternoon. Cold Front BABY!!! time to get FIRED UP!!!!!!!!!! :P

inferno
09-19-2006, 08:16 AM
where at pinic island, ive been wanting to try that place out?
i minght go for lunch around 11:30 or wait till after work around 4...

Unimog Bob
09-19-2006, 09:17 AM
Tampa side, down near the end of Westshore. Never been there myself, Wolfie was telling me about it while we were trying to ride 8 to 12 at EB yesterday. I have to stick it out at work today since I blew in yesterday after lunch. Have fun guys!

Bob

inferno
09-19-2006, 09:45 AM
i know where its at, i was wondering where at picnic island he rides?

Wolfie
09-19-2006, 10:18 AM
There are two places we launch from at picnic. The first is where the windsurfers launce, the second right it is just a dirt road. The launch there is not great and I only do it when the life guards are out and the other place is not possible. The other place is where the beach is widest (probably 200' wide) it is ussually where there are fewest people. Just park as far north in the parking lot as possible and walk out to the beach.

skempthepimp
09-19-2006, 11:37 AM
We'll be at the North side of the main lot for sure. Where the beach is widest it also comes to a point which gives us the ability to scoot downwind sometimes while still getting away from the shore. when the wind is SW like today you can work upwind to the S around the tip of the park and out on some nice flats. If you go west the flats drop off into the shipping channel where you can get good waves right next to flatter H2O. I've really started to love riding there for that reason. 8) Lots of sharp stuff though so wear booties. See ya there. pray to the wind gods.