PDA

View Full Version : Looking for feedback on Instructors/Schools - Thanks!

Aqualinx
09-11-2006, 06:50 PM
Hi all,

This forum came highly recommended over on Kiteforum.com (where they were very helpful) as a resource for trying to choose a kiteboarding school/instructor here in south Florida.

I'm rather new to Florida and would really like to get into the sport, and so far have had three good recommendations:

1) the KiteHouse Miami
2) Skybanditz (esp. Ken but also Francisco)
3) Cabrihna Pro Rider Damien Leroy (lives around Naples)

While I live in Naples, I would be happy to drive across if it meant the experience/instruction would be better. I don't have any vacation time coming up, so it would have to be just over the weekends (i.e. no hops to the Bahamas, unfortunately).

I really appreciate any feedback on these choices, or any other suggestions. Right now I am kinda leaning towards the KiteHouse, but I wanted to see what you guys thought first.

Thanks again!

Chuck :D

ricki
09-11-2006, 07:44 PM
Hi all,

This forum came highly recommended over on Kiteforum.com (where they were very helpful) as a resource for trying to choose a kiteboarding school/instructor here in south Florida.

I'm rather new to Florida and would really like to get into the sport, and so far have had three good recommendations:

1) the KiteHouse Miami
2) Skybanditz (esp. Ken but also Francisco)
3) Cabrihna Pro Rider Damien Leroy (lives around Naples)

While I live in Naples, I would be happy to drive across if it meant the experience/instruction would be better. I don't have any vacation time coming up, so it would have to be just over the weekends (i.e. no hops to the Bahamas, unfortunately).

I really appreciate any feedback on these choices, or any other suggestions. Right now I am kinda leaning towards the KiteHouse, but I wanted to see what you guys thought first.

Thanks again!

Chuck :D

Hello Chuck,

There is another choice a bit closer to home as well, http://www.swfloridakiteboarding.com/ in the Naples area.

Selecting a kiteboarding instructor is an important process. Given that some are out of your area, it can be even more so. I recommend that you read over the following guide to selecting instruction and interview the candidate instructors that you favor. Cost should not be the top consideration in this selection process.

http://fksa.org/viewtopic.php?t=829

kabo123
09-13-2006, 10:10 AM
I can only recommend what I've done

Me and the wife both used the kite house (but in key west) They had great gear and seemed to have a really good grasp on what they were doing. They also took it a few steeps farther going over boat recovery ( thats what i well be doing more than the beach).

as for the others I have never heard anything bad about them.
________
CAMS LIVE (http://camslivesexy.com/)

juandia
09-14-2006, 05:33 PM
What up aqua linx?

I took my first lessons with Mike and Clarissa (Kitehouse Miami) they were awesome... I would highly recommend them... extremely knowledge able. I bought 6 hours worth of lessons, and ended up with 8. They were totally cool and basically let me loose until I was ready to go back to the shore. (clarrisa is also a cabrinha team rider)

Damien Leroy I would also recomend. Although he never "officially" gave me lessons, I met him one day at the beach (on a really light wind day) and he was totally helpful and gave me some advice on flying in light wind ... and he is definately more than knowledgeable...

I am not familiar with skybanditz.... although I have seen their van around...

hope this helps....

Aqualinx
09-14-2006, 06:31 PM
Just a shout-out of thanks to juandia, kabo123, and RickI for their info and sharing of experiences.

Chuck