PDA

View Full Version : Tue DP.

Unimog Bob
09-11-2006, 06:19 PM
I'll be at EB early tomorrow and will be staying as long as the wind holds. Heck I'll be there no matter what, first decent forecast in a while, I took the day off.

Bob

inferno
09-11-2006, 06:52 PM
if all goes well, myself chris and maybe some others will be on NP at LP tonight until sun up, then i may stay or go to SW, have to wait and see what the wind does

Unimog Bob
09-11-2006, 07:01 PM
Cool! I hope you guys rip it up tonight. I figure EB is the place for me to screw around with my new 12M roo and glide. Once I get it wired I'll be catching the SW DP regularly

Bob

inferno
09-12-2006, 04:09 AM
well it took long enough, i checked at 10pm 12am 2am and now 5am, its about time that its blowing, , im heading to EB since its a dead East, Bob, you in?

BigR
09-12-2006, 04:15 AM
Did you want me to bring you two symetrical straps Danny?

However I won't be at EB , If you want them you gotta pick 'em up at SW

Unimog Bob
09-12-2006, 05:20 AM
I'm on the way now!

bryanleighty
09-12-2006, 07:54 AM
got in an hour or so at SW.. winds were shakey at best.
had a few nice gusts..

rode 16waroo w/ ply board.. was able to maintain upwind fine.. just powered enough to ride.

was hoping for a bit more..

oh well.

-B

inferno
09-12-2006, 08:50 AM
chris on the 15m ion, bob on his 12m waroo, and i was on my 14m waroo at EB, then steve showed up with his 17 machine,
wind varied between 10-15knots
all in all a good morning

BigR
09-12-2006, 09:24 AM
Yep, Byan, me and michael got at least enough wind for cruising, not much else

Unimog Bob
09-12-2006, 02:02 PM
It wasn’t much wind, but I am stoked! I love my new 12 waroo. I’m very happy to report that I don’t totally stink anymore!! Even in the marginal wind I was going upwind most of the time and made clean transitions from tack to tack most of the time! For the first time I can truly call myself a kiteboarder! Not a good one but a competent safe one. I am no longer a danger to myself or others…well not much anyways. I can’t wait for a few more decent sessions and I’ll try to throw my first little jump or two. No more being the hapless drifting Bobber… ride on kiteboarder!

Bob

bryanleighty
09-12-2006, 02:35 PM
Bob..

I was able to hold upwind quite well when i got my 12m waroo.. but it took me from being able to maintain to being able to fly upwind.

high performance bow/hybrid kites take a huge chunk off the learning curve.

its been my absolute go-to kite for all spring and the light winds of this summer.. i weigh nearly 200lbs and ride a big homemade ply board.

this morning i got to fly my 16 waroo for the first time. its just as good as the 12 with more power. flippin awesome. i was able to stay quite upwind even in the lulls of this mornings breeze.

you'll progress so much faster once the season hits too... imagine once you get 10 more full day sessions in on that kite!

E-Bone
09-12-2006, 05:05 PM
It's funny how that is. Buying new equipment usually doesn't solve your kiteboarding problems, but the 2006 kites have been a big exception to that rule, for the most part.