PDA

View Full Version : no offense but...

bayflite
09-06-2006, 06:27 AM
anyone round here ever try a PL or FS kite?
i know trent(anomaly) is on FS...
so is this sebastian dude that just won PKRA events in germany, as well as lou wainman.
things that make you go, Hmmmmmmm :idea:

bryanleighty
09-06-2006, 07:40 AM
man i'd love to give one of those a go sometime..
Trent makes it look too damn easy to launch and land his kite..

me.. i look at the kites and i see the enourmous amount of lines and just think that i KNOW that i would find a way to tangle them all to hell..

ive got a foil trainer that i cant keep straight.

add that the price is quite high and I'm probably sticking with my waroos for a couple years.

toby wilson
09-06-2006, 09:18 AM
I don't know. I think that Trent is a great kiter and that those kites are cool, but I am with Bryan on this one. I am in competition with noone but myself so I guess that approach appeals to pros but they are just to complicated for me to bother with. I think I'm gonna stick with my trusty C's!!! :D

tomstock
09-06-2006, 10:04 AM
I rode that PL Venom and it was an awesome kite.

http://www.virtualkitestore.com/venom_page.htm

More stable than any C kite I've ever flown, and it had a huge range. It jumped as good as my Yargas, and would practically fly itself. If I fell during a jump, I could let go of the bar and the kite would stay in the air with zero power... forever. Heck we left it tied to a garbage can at EB and it flew for hours while we cooked clams and burgers on the grill.

If I could afford one, I'd buy one.

I never got to water relaunch it tho... but honestly, I can't imagine this thing would ever hit the water. It doesn't crash unless YOU steer it into the water.

bayflite
09-06-2006, 08:05 PM
yea...
but were r talking about lou wainman here
i mean
this aint some fly by nighter puttin his name on whoever will pay him.

but they are just to complicated for me to bother with.

t-dubb

not really bro

easy peasy in fact

L8r

tomstock
09-06-2006, 08:08 PM
Is there anything easier to fly than a PL venom? I doubt it.

toby wilson
09-06-2006, 10:41 PM
Maybe I could demo one sometime then. Even just wrapping it up/unwrapping and setting up for launch? I'd be interested to see how many issues there are as I am so line dysfuntional that I have issues with my kite lines tangling on a regular basis while laying them!!! :roll:

If you can show me how to make it work Bayflite, I may be interested in the future... :D Plus, when we gonna get to that downwinder we keep talking about?!?!? 8)

Optionryder420
09-06-2006, 10:56 PM
I was under the impression that the PL had no bridles?

tomstock
09-07-2006, 04:17 PM
I guess T didn't see the link. Yeah, no bridles.

http://www.virtualkitestore.com/venom_10m_2.jpg