PDA

View Full Version : EAST COAST WAVEKITING GROUNDSWELL IS A COMIN"!

BigR
09-05-2006, 05:28 PM
Oh yeah!

Thanks to Florence, http://flhurricane.com/cyclone/stormspotlight.php?year=2006&storm=6

it looks like sunday afternoon we'll get our once a year east coast waves !!!! :o :D :D :D :o

Swell from the SE direction , if we get 10-15NE wind that would be the ultimate down the line wavekiting

So, I am thinking sunday afternoon anywhere from Ponce inlet to Matanzas should be game!! :mrgreen:

Going?!?

Ideas?!? :idea: :D

Skyway Scott
09-05-2006, 07:29 PM
I'm hoping too. Eddie thinks it's gonna happen. :D

Tonight simply rocked (solid 20 plus for a couple hours, then the sun set).
Maybe it will continue?

I got some video footage but can't find any software here to edit with :?

tomstock
09-06-2006, 10:12 AM
Mail it to me, I'll edit it :)

Skyway Scott
09-06-2006, 11:00 AM
It's a huge file and not what I thought :?
http://www.extremekiteskiteboarding.com/viewtopic.php?p=1334#1334

Got some pics, tho.

toby wilson
09-06-2006, 10:29 PM
Scott, looks like you fell off your Aggression kick and went back to the trusty wavetray... :wink:

Skyway Scott
09-07-2006, 09:13 AM
I always ride the WT in higher winds.
My only other choice right now is a Glide. I think that would've been a little much
:D

Rodan'sWings
09-08-2006, 10:04 AM
Im going to Saint Augustine next week, prolly monday. Bringing the surfboards for 'clean' groundswells, but from the wind maps it looks like nookin onshores(mid-week) so ill prolly be kiting/videoing/surfing all next week....staying at my brothers crib......untill the waves die
Anybody want to meet up take turns operating the video?

-Phil

Skyway Scott
09-09-2006, 08:30 AM
PM me Phil :D

Skyway Scott
09-10-2006, 06:48 PM
Today turned out real nice. Solid 15 knots for a couple hours with strong opposing current (4 to 5 knots) from 4pm to 7pm, due to the tide ripping out.

Dr. Bruce, Lori, Raul and Donna got to ride, along with about 20 other kiters at Matanzas Inlet.
Waves today were 5 to 6 feet at the Pier.

Both Monday and Tuesday are forecast to blow even harder with some pretty big waves coming in, especially Tuesday.

BigR
09-10-2006, 09:07 PM
Yep! just got back in 3 hrs ( after a stop at wendys for a #6 )

I was on the 14m contra the afternoon and Doc B 15m fusion everyone else on 12m nice and litt!!! :D

Wind just kept building and building from NE but waves weren't quite yet SE from Flo' like I was expecting just East but still fun to catch a few 3+ footers on the outside with glass on the inside

Matanzas is da' bomb, just watch out for the current :o , cool people, wind waves. wish I didn't have to work mon. and tues.

P.S. oh, I almost forgot! yesterday ( sat ) we were on the same rigs just not as powered up by maybe a knot or so

Skyway Scott
09-11-2006, 07:11 AM
It's currently 15 to 18. This is the first day that I have woken up to wind here in 3 months. Odds of it getting stronger are high because it usually builds through the afternoon.

Waves are big, just checked them out on the way in.
Wish you could have stayed, Raul and Lori. Today looks good for a downwinder.

inferno
09-11-2006, 07:14 AM
scott, id better see some pictures of what im missing :(

Skyway Scott
09-11-2006, 07:23 AM
Maybe I can buy one of those cheap waterproof cameras from Eckerd drugs and try to take pictures while riding. I am not gonna get out until about 6pm myself today :x

Daryl and I (I hope) will hop on a 12m RRD Hyper-type and an Atom (Flexi) and try them out later.

Bruce is gonna ride with some local guys during the day. Today is definitely downwinder in the waves material. Worth skipping work and making a drive. :)

LittleL
09-11-2006, 10:33 AM
Wow that was alot of fun. Definetly worth the trip and really beautiful beaches. Felt great to get out of the warm bay and hanging around the home doing house chores.

Wish we were there today to join everybody for some more kiting. Hope you all have a great time-Thanks Scott and Donnna for showing us the spots we had a blast 8)

Lori

Skyway Scott
09-11-2006, 12:51 PM
:D

Dr. Bruce and Philthy are out right now.
http://www.ikitesurf.com/windAndWhere.iws?regionID=112&siteID=305

Skyway Scott
09-13-2006, 04:17 PM
A little summary on the last few days here-- (if anyone cares)

Bruce got to ride alot for two days.
Phil is basically dead from two days straight of waves and inlet riding......
Rob Hassle showed up and rode.
It was fun to see him and Phil and joke with Rob about how he use to be 8th in the world (for real) back when there were 9 riders worldwide.

Bruce's doctor friends have basically been learning to kite for 3 days straight with just snack breaks and Dale has them up and going (and needs some sleep).

It blew 15+ each afternoon since Sat. with the tide ripping out at the inlet.
Waves were exceptional today (I hear, I was stuck in here). I just got off the phone with a guy so stoked it sounded like he got $%% for the first time or sumtin 8) . Good stuff.

Anyone considering a road trip should consider S.A.
Especially if you like downwinders in waves.
scott, id better see some pictures of what im missing :(

Danny, I made a video. It's decent. Hopefully Eddie will get it on the internet today.

vic
09-15-2006, 10:15 PM
I went to the E coast last Sunday am and got some nice waist-chest surf. I had to work all week, but headed back to Melbourne Beach early this am. Surf was head high and clean for a couple hours. High tide drowned it out to fun waist high sets. Once the onshore wind picked up, it was just big and mushy. I put up my kite and got worked in the surf/ straight onshore wind for a couple hours. It's a whole different experience trying to ride through that slop. Over all, a good storm for me, just wish I could have been there Thursday for the clean 8 foot surf!!! :lol: