PDA

View Full Version : none Ebone style review: 14m waroo

inferno
08-30-2006, 09:38 AM
rider: 200lbs
wind: 9 knots at shore, 11-14 knots 100 yards out at the sand bar
(measured with a meter)
gear:14m waroo and a glide

totally blown away by the low wind, i was going to put the kite up just to get it tuned but decided to try and ride it, powered enough to throw front and back rolls and bad looking S-Bends

even steve came in on his 17.5 machine slightly underpowered and took out the 14m waroo powered enough to throw a one foot board off, it also had as much low end as the two 15m ions out on the water, this season is gonna rock 8)

best buy ive made, cant wait for my 20m waroo, i would have been litt
-danny

toby wilson
08-30-2006, 02:48 PM
Wait a minute Danny, I DO weigh 260 lbs vs your 200...and the other person on an Ion was Chris Moore (200-210 lbs?), also a heavier rider than either you or Steve...keep in mind that you (190-200lbs?) and Steve Sadler (165 lbs) were the two riding the Waroo. Not too fair of a comparison if you ask me!!! :lol:

The Waroo is a GREAT kite for the money, but I'd rather have my Ion any day of the week.

And Steve's Machine has a badly leaking bladder that he was just inflating once every half an hour to keep it going so the comparison to the Machine probably isn't too accurate either... :wink:

Glad to hear how much you like the new gear though, stoked for you...

inferno
08-30-2006, 02:59 PM
actually toby, i weigh 195 and chris moore weighs 190, so hes actually lighter then me, also chris rode the 14m as well before you showed up and he was decently powered up on it. (so i think its fair to compare it to the ion since chris rode them back to back)
and i didnt know the machine had a leak, but he did seem to be more powered on the 14m then the 17.5, but i could be wrong
sorry to offend you T-man, im just a kiter that finaklly got on the water and got to try a new kite that completely blew my expectations

next time we get about 15knots you can try it next to your ion and compare it yourself

toby wilson
08-30-2006, 03:10 PM
I'm not offended at all, just want to keep running my mouth. The Machine was deflated on the beach all morning once Steve stopped riding it good buddy...

Would love to demo the Waroo though, I'll take you up on it man! We can do a comparison back to back to see how we like them, ride one, then switch kites! :D

I do love pushing peoples buttons though... :twisted: ...So sorry if YOU were offended man, just b.s.ing...

C. Moore
08-30-2006, 07:47 PM
Thanks for clerifying my weight on the forum guys. :P

E-Bone
08-30-2006, 08:22 PM
Thanks for clerifying my weight on the forum guys.

I guess it's easier for inferno to guess, since he has seen you naked.

Dis' the Ion at your own risk, Danny. The Bone Rasta 15m will be taking the haters out.

C. Moore
08-30-2006, 08:47 PM
He said you needed a new wall poster for your room and nude pictures were required.

Apparently, you glory holed the hell out of the other one.

We do what ever it takes to make the bone happy around here. :wink:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v164/jamintron/family%20guy/b3df7f23.gif

E-Bone
08-30-2006, 08:54 PM
I appreciate your consideration. Waking up to your naked poster each day makes me realize that I have something to live for. If I keep on aspiring, maybe one day I can be as gay as you.

See you at the Backside.

tomstock
08-30-2006, 10:01 PM
Sounds like there were 3 heavy ass people at East Beach.

Glad I wasn't there, or there would have been four.

:lol:

toby wilson
08-31-2006, 10:41 AM
Actually, I lost 3 lbs so I am a nice, trim 257 now. Looking good! :lol:

Has anyone else been sick immediately following a session at East Beach? The last two times I rode there I got sick that same night with the same symptoms and I am wondering if the red tide is maybe this far North already? I thought it was only as far north as Anna Maria Island...

BigR
08-31-2006, 11:34 AM
T wrote
Has anyone else been sick immediately following a session at East Beach? The last two times I rode there I got sick that same night with the same symptoms

I told you that you should'nt go wandering off in the mangroves for hours now , did'nt I?

No telling what weird type things you come back with :o :o :o :o

toby wilson
09-01-2006, 01:54 PM
Big R, there aren't any mangrove paths to *hide* in at EB that I noticed...maybe you are referring to your backside experiences? I don't know anything about THOSE mangroves but if your extracurricular activities are the source of my sickness then damn you!!! :shock: :P :lol: :wink:

No man, I am dead serious about this. I couldn't sleep all last night and it just seems like a *coincidence* that I got sick after these last two EB sessions. It really is not a good time being sick like this, I'd be careful of those waters until the red tide is officially gone... :?

Unimog Bob
09-01-2006, 02:23 PM
The only time I've gotten sick after kiting at eastbeach was last year. I kept throwing these wild toeside catch to face plant drag moves. As I surfaced I'd immediately look straight up to try to keep the kite in the air and the lovely EB slime water would drain backwards through my nose and down my throat. Now after I get worked I keep my mouth shut and blow before looking up

Bobber

A-Bomb
09-01-2006, 02:53 PM
blow before looking up.... that's what they do at backside. :lol:

Unimog Bob
09-01-2006, 03:03 PM
I never ride backside too many weirdos hanging around. As well as trees hanging over the launch

At backside you'd have to spend too much time guarding other important orifices with guys like Toby and that psycho with Bone in his nick name.

Bob

E-Bone
09-01-2006, 03:54 PM
I am mellowing with age. I no longer pose much of a threat to orifices.

toby wilson
09-02-2006, 09:30 AM
Well seriously, I am still pretty sick and am convinced that the nasty bay waters are at fault. I think I'm staying out of it for a while like I said at least until the red tide cleans itself up.