PDA

View Full Version : NICE Session!

ricki
08-29-2006, 09:08 PM
We closed the office early today so I hit the water for a while. I expected to get chased off the water by approaching squalls after about 1 to 2 hours. The squalls NEVER came, to Delray anyway up to 7 pm! They were quite a few raking over Broward and Dade though.

I even stopped for a while and checked color radar to see what was going on. Ernesto, which had quite a few feeder bands had stalled to the south. The winds were around 16 to 20 with gusts to around 25 mph. It was onshore and with some pretty heavy surf, 6 to 8 ft. at times, it made it tough to work offshore beyond the breaker zones.

Still, it was mighty fine and the 14 m Contra worked out well, boosting nicely with floaty landings. I was wondering about it as it seems to jump a little different than the Switchblade. Just needed a bit more breeze.

BizGuru
08-30-2006, 08:24 AM
Cool man, yeah the onshore factor kept me off the beach. I am wondering if we will get some wind once it leaves but it is looking like it is going to sw.

kiwiar2000
08-30-2006, 01:55 PM
yea,
i remember the days after Wilma were windy and gorgeous...problem was that on my way over to Matheson Hammocks, there were Trash trucks pickin up the debree due to the aftermath.....

ricki
08-30-2006, 02:07 PM
Yes, there are clear windows sometimes but not always around hurricanes. This is an interesting piece about a powered session clear sky session on the east coast before Charley slammed into SW Florida.

http://fksa.org/viewtopic.php?t=854

It looks like we might be out of wind for a while, again. Then again, the cold fronts are moving through so hopefully useable wind should be on again soon. Hang in there.

BizGuru
08-30-2006, 02:12 PM
I am trying Rick, I have been getting a lot of use out of the land board, yesterday I was so powered on it I could easiley fly the 3m and get up wind with it which mad for some fun rides. We got some fun rides in behind the jeep as well. Over all my blanace and board skills have gotten a lot better and the landboarding has really helped me get the balance of kite angle and board angle to move perpidular to the wind as well as upwind. Hopefully this will all help when I get back on the water.