PDA

View Full Version : kiteboarding park

mocean
08-28-2006, 07:35 PM
well I was chatting the other day to a fella MR smith of the PLP about making south beach a kiteboarding park.
he seemed prity interseted in the sport and allso the eco tourism roll it would play for Nassau.
if it went ahead there are a few things that we the kiters of nassau have to get inplace.
so as soon as dave is back from the med and every one has an evening to spare , lets get a few beers and have a barby (BBQ) and have a chat about it.
aj

Matteo
09-03-2006, 07:51 PM
Sounds good to me. This country has a lot of potential, especially with that ultra billion project on Cable Beach coming alive. The kiteboarding park is only one good idea. How about a little skate park for the kids (and for older bored kiters :lol: ), some Mountain biking trails (south of the Airport), a paintball park, a skydiving company, a wakeboarding cable park on the lake and some towing surfing on those few but good days (Mark, I'll be only taking photos...), etc......

Why don't we get together and trow some ideas on the table ?? Maybe this time we can do it by me....

mocean
09-04-2006, 12:38 PM
now the kite park will not take realy any money to set up.
a cable wake park would be a fair bit (ive looked into it)
but yea matteo these are all posibilitys.
I have asked my church if we could do 2 back to back above ground bowls for sk8ing for the kids there into it , if you would like to help or get that swiss bank you work for to put some money up that would be awsome.
anyways lets keep this subject going.
aj

balloonboy
09-04-2006, 02:52 PM
What, in all that is holy, is a kitepark?

Grass to rig on? Showers?

Sure, I'd settle for broken glass free zone and a Port-o-Potty.