PDA

View Full Version : Weather Channel Kite Sighting

ricki
08-28-2006, 06:36 PM
I just caught a guy launching a blue and white kite at Tiki Beach, Ft. Lauderdale beach. We're starting to mess with shutters otherwise it would be a nice mellow dusk to have at a session. Just saw another recording of a couple of guys cruising just north of Government Cut in Miami on TWC. I've heard about TV coverage for years, I have rarely caught it for whatever reason.

500EPILOT
08-29-2006, 03:13 PM
Rick, I think NBC6 showed them also, I was listening on 87.7 FM and heard them mention that the "paragliders" were taking advantage of the breeze.

JoshTaylor
08-29-2006, 04:03 PM
yeah i saw some kiters on the weather channel in Islanmorada*

all cabrinha kites too!! yeaaaa!!

kiwiar2000
08-30-2006, 01:49 PM
same goes here. I was watchin in Channel 7 and were filming @ Miami Beach yesturday afternoon. About 2 were there.
a orange and blue kite, i say....
crazy dudes
-Danny

ricki
08-30-2006, 01:57 PM
I think a crew was filming me about a 1/4 mile off Atlantic Ave. in Delray yesterday. The waves and jumping were epic. I rode down about a mile from the south and didn't feel like beating offshore for an hour to ride back. So I kept my distance from shore. At least we didn't have any squalls up there yesterday. It was fairly clear, got a sunburn and not all that gusty.