PDA

View Full Version : bladder leak

winkler
08-09-2006, 10:08 AM
i have a leak from the leading edge of my kite coming from the nipple what would be the best way to fix it. any advice would be great. thank u

BigR
08-09-2006, 10:45 AM
1. get a replacement from the manufacturer
2. get a replacement from airtime
3. get a fix it yourself kit from airtime ( might not work for all bladders especially in the nipple area )

Big G
08-09-2006, 07:18 PM
Don't leave your kites in your car during the day....the HEAT will melt the glue around the valves.

Consider cracking your windows and finds some shade if you have to leave in your vehicle.

Big g

Z-Type
08-09-2006, 08:36 PM
I have had at least 7-8 valves come unglued, and I think big G is onto something, My kites stay in the car on the sun for days at the time.

But I found that aquaseal does wonders, stick a q-tip through the valve to keep it from sticking to the back side of the bladder and with another q-tip apply glue under the valve where it came off, then after it dries, apply aquaseal all around on the outside of the valve.

All the valves I fixed like this are still holding, even with kites still baking in the car........

shawnwar4586
08-09-2006, 11:03 PM
Airtime stick on nipples. New thing, they seem to work pretty good in most cases. I think they are $10. We have them in stock at real.

Skyway Scott
08-10-2006, 08:42 AM
Shawn,

You never got back to me on that thingie. I called and PM'd. (July 27th)