PDA

View Full Version : Winter sessions

Erick
08-08-2006, 08:12 AM
My dear kiteboarders friends,

I know winter is still months away but I can't stop thinking about it. This will be my first winter as a kiteboarder and I would like to be ready when it comes. I was wondering about the equipment I'll need. Would you know what kind of wetsuit am I going to need? Any suggestions or recommendations for this comming winter?

Thanks!

A-Bomb
08-22-2006, 03:21 PM
I don't know about you, but I hate being cold. I think this year I'm going back to a semi-dry suit. I had one a few years back for wakeboarding and it was the $h!+.

My full wetsuit has been dragged across sandbars too many times. Time for replacement. I'll just wear my shorty for cooler temps, then I'll step up to something serious for the really cold stuff.

JoshTaylor
08-22-2006, 03:31 PM
My dear kiteboarders friends,

I know winter is still months away but I can't stop thinking about it. This will be my first winter as a kiteboarder and I would like to be ready when it comes. I was wondering about the equipment I'll need. Would you know what kind of wetsuit am I going to need? Any suggestions or recommendations for this comming winter?

Thanks!I wear a 3/2 full suit and keeps me warm on the coldest days.

Skyway Scott
08-22-2006, 04:14 PM
I agree with Adam. Being warm is key. I have a 3/4 Prolimit wetsuit that is the #$%%. I wear a heater top underneath and hood if really cold. I never get cold while riding (as long as it is more than 45 degree air temp)

Erick
08-30-2006, 08:44 PM
Thanks 4 the advise guys. I'll take them in consideration.

bryanleighty
08-31-2006, 08:19 AM
heya..
i have a 3/2 full and a 3/2 shorty..

on colder days i wear both. its a bit cramped at first, but i tell you.. it makes a HUGE difference... keeps my upper body very very warm..

my full is a bit big for me.. so it does work well together.. i suspect if i had a skin tight full it might not work..

get some good booties, gloves and a hoodie.. keeping your ears/head and fingers warm makes a big difference after you've been in the water for 2 hours or so.

definitely spend some $$ to get quality gear for this.. its worth every penny..

-Bryan

E-Bone
08-31-2006, 09:12 AM
You need a car. That way, when it gets too cold even here, you can drive down to the Keys and throw down.