PDA

View Full Version : Saint Augustine rocks!!!

JoshTaylor
07-30-2006, 07:33 PM
I just got back an hour ago.

wind/waves there are amazing.

was there for 3 days, rode everyday powerd,
one day on my 7.

learned a new trick-
Powerd front mobe :D

if your looking for wind and don't want to drive to far, i'd definitly go to saint augustine.

if it doesn't blow, then you can go surf!

Technochick
07-30-2006, 08:34 PM
I agree! We had a blast out there last weekend :D Chris even got to try out a buggie with a little 5m.

Since I'm not riding yet, I'd like to hear your perspective on the difference between the flat water here and the surf with the strong current there. It seems like it would be a lot more difficult and not for beginners. What do you think?

JoshTaylor
07-30-2006, 08:54 PM
def. not a very good spot for beginners with the surf, and bridge downwind.

I personally loved it, the waves were AWESOME!

I wouldn't like learning in thoes conditions though.

shawnwar4586
07-30-2006, 11:33 PM
Josh you should have come up to hatteras for a trip. This summer has been amazing. We have averaged 4 days of wind a week. I am powered on a 13 most of the time. Its been windy here for 5 days straight and we get a break 2morrow then the sw returns for a few more days. Now I am working on powered fronts and back 2 blind. Also ive been working on hitting sliders, which is soo much fun. And when its not windy the surf is incredible mostly chest With a couple of over head days.

Skyway Scott
07-31-2006, 08:18 AM
Nice to have you guys here :D
Dr. Bruce loved it and posted on our forum, too.
http://www.extremekiteskiteboarding.com/viewtopic.php?t=267

Thanks Bruce! Thanks for letting me ride the 15m Ion too while you "hogged the link", since apparently P. Fox got the last one in the country and I won't ever have one :(

Josh and Chris, you guys rode in two totally different spots.
Chris rode Ocean Trace. Current there and nearshore breakers can be a challenge.
Josh rode Matanzas on a strong out going tide. Flat water or waves.
Holding ground is a piece of cake when tide is ripping out, that's why we go there.
When Chris was here, the tides were off. Either way, wind is wind 8)

Both spots are not beginner friendly, IMO. East beach is about 30 times more begginer friendly and the Gulf is about ten times more friendly than the Atlantic for newer riders (if it's possible to do that kinda math).
Hugenot Park in Jax is much more beginner friendly and not to far of a ride.

You guys all looked good out there :wink:
Thanks for coming up.

JoshTaylor
07-31-2006, 09:35 AM
Josh you should have come up to hatteras for a trip. This summer has been amazing. We have averaged 4 days of wind a week. I am powered on a 13 most of the time. Its been windy here for 5 days straight and we get a break 2morrow then the sw returns for a few more days. Now I am working on powered fronts and back 2 blind. Also ive been working on hitting sliders, which is soo much fun. And when its not windy the surf is incredible mostly chest With a couple of over head days.I would have, but we were looking for a trip with a short drive.

scott,
Thanks! it was an awesome trip!

definitly plan on comming up there agian in the future.

tomstock
07-31-2006, 10:47 AM
"Never leave your computer logged on when Chris Moore is around! "

:lol:

Oh Chrissiepooh!

C. Moore
07-31-2006, 12:52 PM
LOL.... :D :D

Sandelli
07-31-2006, 08:37 PM
Im gonnna take a trip up to hatteras on my spring break :D

shawnwar4586
07-31-2006, 10:32 PM
Im gonnna take a trip up to hatteras on my spring break

Do it you wont regret it. Its so cheap up here. Great for a college spring break. Accept for the no girls part that kinda sux.

JoshTaylor
07-31-2006, 11:00 PM
Im gonnna take a trip up to hatteras on my spring break

Do it you wont regret it. Its so cheap up here. Great for a college spring break. Accept for the no girls part that kinda sux.just bring the girls with you :D

Sandelli
08-01-2006, 09:29 PM
haha! so true. Its funny A friend of mine told me the same thing "Just make sure you bring the girls!".. lol.. My uncle rides with some of the REAL guys up there, and hes gonna take time off and go with me. Im so pumped :D

-chris

shawnwar4586
08-02-2006, 12:06 AM
My uncle rides with some of the REAL guys up there

Whos your uncle? I work at real.

Sandelli
08-02-2006, 06:36 AM
Jhon Russomanno he knows Slezak and some others I believe. Have you meet him?

Hes in his fortys... mustache, crazy. I cant describe my uncle... hes a doctor so hes pretty much bipolar.. hes sane at work. Then when he hits the water for a session he's carzy. lol