PDA

View Full Version : Cabrinha Contra

Kamikazi
07-28-2006, 12:02 PM
Hi everyone, I've been read your Forum lately and think it's great. A great place to BS about kiting. I just thought I'd add a little to the mix. I just bought the Cabrinha Contra as a light wind kite and its awesome. If you get chance to try one I recommen it, they are great for the afternoon seabreez. I rode for an hour and half yesterday, fully powered. Hope to see you all.

Paz,
Jaime

Skyway Scott
07-28-2006, 01:28 PM
Yep,

Great light wind weapons. They go upwind like mad and have tons of low end power. I ride the 12m in 10+ knots on a glide. Donna is simply litt on the 12 in solid 11 knots on a Super Phatty (Aggression).

The kites aren't high performance jumpers, but, that's not the kite's main goal. If riding light wind is the goal, these kites are truly hard to beat.

tomstock
07-28-2006, 05:47 PM
Cabrinha too much $$ ! :shock:

KITEBUM
07-30-2006, 06:31 PM
I get a lot of low end power from my LF Assault 16m. Now it's a lower aspect kite so jumping isn't it's strong point although for wakestyle it comes alive. The low end is similar to 19 and 20m I have ridden, in fact I rode it back to back with a 19m fuel and it had the same power, so it works great for me on a 130cm LF WLF. Still not the cheapest kite out there but it gets me a lot of days on the water so it's worth it.