07-22-2006, 06:27 PM
so wheres everybody going tomorrow?
PAG, BS SW, NB, BB??????

bayflite
07-22-2006, 06:46 PM
bb...but don't u mean monday @ D.P.?

Unimog Bob
07-22-2006, 08:21 PM
I'm ging to try to start off at EB and if it shifts more West move over to BB.

Bob

inferno
07-22-2006, 09:30 PM
i dont think it will hold till mon DP, but thats a nice thought

tomstock
07-22-2006, 11:29 PM
Sheesh you guys missed it... it was blowing all late afternoon... rode backside for 2 hours powered up (and I got there late).

Sunday looks unlikely, maybe a seabreeze... Monday looks good.

Optionryder420
07-23-2006, 02:34 AM
I was at St. Pete beach kicking my ass for not bringing my kites :(

Tomorrow though... hopefully.

E-Bone
07-23-2006, 05:13 AM
Yeah, I noticed it in SRQ. Looks like it kicked in at 4.

Tom, I am stoked that you caught it. I figured that it must have been blowing at Backside, so good for you. How many other kiters were there?

tomstock
07-23-2006, 08:42 AM
Jay, Haus, and a couple others. Today looks like it's doing something but it's gonna be rainy. Learned unhooked kiteloops and some other stuff... had a pretty good time, but not much water.

Have fun guys, I can't ride today :(

Optionryder420
07-23-2006, 02:21 PM
I was at St. Pete Beach, but it really wasn't enough for m 13m with 122cm board.

bryanleighty
07-23-2006, 04:24 PM
been at BS all day.. got there just after 10am.. first hour or two got a bit of riding on the 15 yarga.. got to session Bruces ION 15 and had a flippin nuking good time.. got to session a 16 octane thanks to mike.. that was fun.. still like the bows tho..

cut to about 1pm and it kicked it strong.. jumped on my 12 waroo and was litt for hours and hours.. bunch of folks out there .. HUGE amount of gawkers showed up.. beach was covered with kites and people.. jolly good time.

DAMN I needed that session....

sam cancun
07-23-2006, 04:27 PM
hi : does someone knows where can I fix my north valvules they come off 6 of them ,or buy a special glue for that i couldnt fixed them in mexico nor in cabarete I want to get them fixed when I get there, 5 of my friends with norh rhino have the same problem. does some one up there has has the same problem?

tomstock
07-23-2006, 05:06 PM
Rode PAG for 2 hours from 3-5. Very well powered with a high aspect 18m nemesis launching off of the breaking waves getting killer hang time.

I can't believe you guys are riding that stinky flat water muck hole on a SW! LOL! This is the ideal direction for wave jumping! It only happens once in awhile, next time you should take advantage of it if you ride left foot forward.

Ah well glad you got out there to ride, it was a blast at PAG. The water was blue and green, and the waves were fairly clean inside with chop on the outside. Lots of girls in bikinis asking for rides.

E-Bone
07-23-2006, 05:19 PM
Rode in SRQ today with a few of the die hards down there. We were dodging squalls. Sounds like it was cleaner in your neck of the woods. Awesome--nothing like having a sick session in Florida...in July!

inferno
07-23-2006, 05:33 PM
big thanx to mister E. that 16m rhino rocks, i rode BB fully powered launching off the waves (hand held wind meter was reading 17-20 when we started at 1pm),
it was hillarious when the storms rolled in, everybody left the beach thinking it was going to downpour,
and it did... about a quarter mile south of where i was :lol: pitch black with rain, but i only got a few drops, i figure you guys at BS got poured on pretty bad, i hope everybody got out in time

Z-Type
07-23-2006, 06:00 PM
Yahooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Got my first jump today, one handed 360, didn't even need the board.....
From now on call me " The quickest quick release on this side of Missisipi"

bryanleighty
07-23-2006, 06:40 PM
i love the stink

also.. i needed some flat water relief today.. finally nailed down the backroll.. im super duper stoked .. landing them a high percentage at a time.. hit a few quite high off the water.. was damn sweet.

next up... front roll baby!!!

anyone got some advice on that one???.. it seems treacherous ... backrolls you can get your spin off the pop.. front looks like you pop and force the rotation after you release..

inferno
07-23-2006, 07:37 PM
i find them easier and way more fun, i do twice as many front rolls as back now :lol:

JoshTaylor
07-23-2006, 07:52 PM
backside skyway, fun.

was lovin the squalls on the 7 meter switchblade.

toby wilson
07-23-2006, 08:55 PM
Bryan, pick up the REAL Joyride DVD, some great tips on grabs, backrolls, frontrolls, and some other intermediate tricks...

Had a blast at BS Skyway today with you all, nicely powered on my 17.5 Machine and landed a jump for the first time today!!! 8)

If anyone found a Flexifoil chicken loop or Steve's shades please let us know...

And it wasn't that stinky today Tom, you missed out on the odor relief...or maybe I just have a cold and my nose is stuffed up :lol: !

tomstock
07-23-2006, 10:16 PM
Rode there yesterday and came home smelling like a fishing boat. At least the beaches have fresh water showers! At backside all you have is the mangrove golden shower... of which I'll pass.

Congrats on the backrolls and jumps. I tried and landed my first unhooked kiteloops out there yesterday... easier than I expected but not as fun as hooked in because I can't do them as high... need a lot more practice.

JoshTaylor
07-23-2006, 10:39 PM
Rode there yesterday and came home smelling like a fishing boat. At least the beaches have fresh water showers! At backside all you have is the mangrove golden shower... of which I'll pass.

Congrats on the backrolls and jumps. I tried and landed my first unhooked kiteloops out there yesterday... easier than I expected but not as fun as hooked in because I can't do them as high... need a lot more practice.unhooked looks so much better, and you can do them very high.

as high as you want, theres many ways of doing an unhooked kiteloop

Optionryder420
07-23-2006, 10:53 PM
Rode PAG for 2 hours from 3-5. Very well powered with a high aspect 18m nemesis launching off of the breaking waves getting killer hang time.

I can't believe you guys are riding that stinky flat water muck hole on a SW! LOL! This is the ideal direction for wave jumping! It only happens once in awhile, next time you should take advantage of it if you ride left foot forward.

Ah well glad you got out there to ride, it was a blast at PAG. The water was blue and green, and the waves were fairly clean inside with chop on the outside. Lots of girls in bikinis asking for rides.

Damn it, I saw you... next time give me a call 455-7504

tomstock
07-24-2006, 09:33 AM
Oh yeah no doubt Josh... like I said it's my technique, I need more practice on the unhooked loops. Did them first try, but the timing was a little off.

Kev, I'll call next time. Will put your # in my cell.

bryanleighty
07-26-2006, 07:51 AM
so yesterday at backside i pulled a front roll on the very first attempt.. got enough height in the jump and just threw my body around.. landed square and just had to send the kite a little more aggressive to get back on a plane.. (light winds)..

cut to my next 6 attemps where i ate sea water and lots and lots and lots of that green stringy muck sh*t that is always floating around at BS..

couldnt hit a single one after my initial success..

oh well..

wind was there, barely.. i'll blame it on that..

good times.

tomstock
07-26-2006, 02:31 PM
I did the same thing... I used to be able to do front rolls off either foot, but I have completely lost them off my left foot. wtf!