PDA

View Full Version : Cabrinha, say it ain’t so!!!!!!

PrayFaWind27
07-18-2006, 09:40 PM
Why did they went ahead and put that Sprint system( Single point inflation)
on the Crossbow, DAMN!! that pretty much killed it for me with the 07 Crossbow, very disappointed, was waiting to see how they were going to improve on such a AWWSOME! kite and they went and put that Sprint on it,
that system was the reason why I turned against Slingshot, I’ll admit, the single point inflation is a great idea, until you have to repair it and the love for the kite quickly turns into hate. The new bar system is sweeeet though, I guess 06 9m Crossbow with a 07 Crossbow bar system will be my next move.
Watching the video on the 07 Crossbow,( http://www.cabrinhakites.com/bowkites/xbow.php ) the guy in that video is riding a beautiful board that I’ve never seen before, is it an 07 board?

JoshTaylor
07-18-2006, 10:04 PM
I personally love the Sprint system, it's not to bad to replace a bladder with it IMO.
I hate pumping up the struts one by one. I just leave my struts inflated on my swithcblades when i pack them up.
this kite should rock, can't wait to get one.

The bar looks even more amazing.

PrayFaWind27
07-18-2006, 11:07 PM
http://img3.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/th.ab64ff8fc4.jpg (http://img3.freeimagehosting.net/image.php?ab64ff8fc4.jpg)
Click imagine to make bigger!

The thing I hate about the Sprint system is all the extra parts.all the spear parts you’re going to
need for it and the care and special attention you have to take with the tubing,clamps, tubing connection points that binds the leading edge to the sprunts, Pumping one strunt at a time can be a pain
especially if you have a 16m + kite but the thing that makes them better to have
Is if you get to the spot and you get a leak all you need is an extra kite line and bladder patch and you can repair it right there and then,30mins tops , with the Sprint system and all it’s extra parts that makes it Sprint
your day is shit, if you don’t have another kite. The more parts you have on something
the more things that can and will go wrong. Don’t get me wrong, I love Cabrinha. just look at car and there’s NO! one here in the Bahamas that pimps Cabrinha more than I do,but I can’t pimp that Sprint system.

JoshTaylor
07-18-2006, 11:22 PM
I haven't had a chance to use the sprint system, i have used the One pump system with slingshot though before, and repairing that wasn't a problem.

plus if you ride bows, if one kite goes bad you can still put up a diffrent kite because of the range. Now if it were light winds that'd be a diffrent story.

I personally think having the Sprint is better then pumping up all the struts one by one. There good made kites, it's not gana happen every other time you go out, it will be rare that you get a leak.

PrayFaWind27
07-19-2006, 12:08 AM
It all boils down to personal opinion, like everything else. Has anyone
ever done a speed test on the two, I wonder how much faster the Sprint
is to the regular one at a time pump strunts, I hope Cabrinha sells that bar system separately. Dispite the Sprint I still can’t wait to ride it, just to see if
there’s a differences in performance.The O6 Crossbow gives you massive airs and sick hang time, if the 07 gives you more of the 2 plus extra ,shit, I will get
one :oops: despite my dislike for the sprint, longer hang time and bigger airs, I would
gladly have my words for dinner if those claims are real :lol: .

JoshTaylor
07-19-2006, 12:28 AM
It all boils down to personal opinion, like everything else. Has anyone
ever done a speed test on the two, I wonder how much faster the Sprint
is to the regular one at a time pump strunts, I hope Cabrinha sells that bar system separately. Dispite the Sprint I still can’t wait to ride it, just to see if
there’s a differences in performance.The O6 Crossbow gives you massive airs and sick hang time, if the 07 gives you more of the 2 plus extra ,shit, I will get
one :oops: despite my dislike for the sprint, longer hang time and bigger airs, I would
gladly have my words for dinner if those claims are real :lol: .Yeah true.

I can't wait for the 07 switchblade.

cabrinha keeps comming out with new kites faster then i can buy them!

mocean
07-22-2006, 10:55 PM
the one pump is fine ,it's easyer and it works there will be less chance of sand getting into your bladder.
for repairs it will be a pain , but when last did you have to fix any bladders on these new bow kites?
I have not had to fix one yet.new cb bellow
http://www.kiteforum.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=2329751&sid=edcd88f807e78dcda4837581a6164124

PrayFaWind27
07-23-2006, 10:41 PM
The CB 2 looks bad ass, the bar system looks
luxurious something off a Lexus or Benz , what’s cooler than
that kite bag,WOW! The attention to detail they put into the
gear is amazing Aj! with that post you have me drooling
Cabrinha hands down makes the best looking and highest quality
gear.AJ! what’s the price and when are you going to get one?
Don’t forget I’m the unofficially test guy for new gear :D . I wonder why they
stopped at 12m though?
Haven’t even rode the thing yet but just by looking at
that kite,bar and bag and I’m already rethinking my
thoughts about the sprint system. The Crossbow 1 is an assume kite
and judging from how Cabrinha keeps out doing themselves each year,
without a doubt C bow 2 is going to be killer.

mocean
07-24-2006, 08:07 AM
I new that would get your attention.
yea the sb is discontinued and it will be the contra and cb2.
I will probibly get a 12 for the school the prices are about the same as last season.
you know that you are my guinee pig shuman.
cabrinha make a trucken awsome kite and I'm stoked to be a cabrinha school.
(not pimping just stating the truth)
I will give you fist go , dude you realy need a new board your hanging on to that old lab rat like it's one of my sons security blankets.
"can some one please help shuman out with board"
the 12 's and smaller kite's will be available first I believe.
they are not making the cb2 larger than 12m.
shuman did you get my phone message (the supperman jungle tune, the next time your out I'm going to do a vid clip of you with that sound track behind it)
anyways next weekend looks good for wind so far.
aj

PrayFaWind27
07-24-2006, 08:49 AM
Man! AJ! I’m dying for a new board,but, Sept 9 I’m starting some
Computer course, so All my change is for that I’m sure by the next windy
Season I will have one, that 06 120 protoy I have my eyes on
But I remember you telling me about 07 Cabrinha boards so, I’ll
be patient and see how 07 board line is going to look like, I do hope
they make sizes in 120? In the mean time let’s experiment
on my other 140 lab rat.

mocean
07-24-2006, 12:59 PM
you bring it around and I'l cut it down and epoxy it up and make it work, but I'm not touching that one that you ride at the moment, that can not be fixed it should be put out of it's misery.
I'll be home later
remember I turn into a pumpkin at 5pm
aj

balloonboy
08-04-2006, 08:53 AM
I have one pump system and love it: I just leave my struts pumped up most of the time (I'm fundamentally lazy).

Come to think of it (at the risk of putting the mojo on myself) I haven't popped a bladder in ages (since I've been mainly riding the Halos).

Now watch this w/e- KA-BAAAM!!

PrayFaWind27
08-05-2006, 09:21 AM
Now that ya mention it , I haven’t heard or seen ya blow up your bladder
Ever since you got those Bows, you and Matteo took bladder repair kings
many a times :D , that Cab 12m what cha ma call kite Matteo have gave
him head aches right out of the plastic, that kite is cursed I tell ya.
Metteo is it still giving you probs? Muncha hasn’t put a kite in a tree
ever since he got those Bows.All in all looks like every body gotten over
that making mistakes period except Peter, looks like he’s taken the torch.