SW just hit zero....

tomstock
07-17-2006, 02:05 PM
Looks like it's blowing

Skyway Scott
07-17-2006, 02:29 PM
It is.......

http://www.baynews9.com/Sky9Cam.html?8

Cool thing about cams, I can tell from 200 miles away it is solid 13 (or more) 8)

E-Bone
07-17-2006, 07:00 PM
Got some. A lot of people showed at Backside. It was light but I am not complaining in mid-July. PAG was probably stronger.

inferno
07-17-2006, 07:19 PM
brian and i got some water time in, him on the 12m roo and me on my.... well, what else but the blimp, had good wind wind for a little over an hour and then it slacked off some, had a killer time carving the waves though :D

how long will i have to wait to fly something other then the blimp :?

JoshTaylor
07-17-2006, 07:36 PM
how long will i have to wait to fly something other then the blimp :?to long. :cry:

toby wilson
07-18-2006, 12:23 AM
Agreed.

bryanleighty
07-18-2006, 07:04 AM
had just enough at PAG to have an enjoyable hour.. with the lighter winds i bet BS was better.. but i saw that the tide was pretty low..

considering its the first bit Ive got for nearly 3 weeks.. i am not complaining..

-Brayn

toby wilson
07-18-2006, 07:28 AM
Glad you got some Brayn!!! :P

bryanleighty
07-18-2006, 07:43 AM
man.. you dont know the half of it..

for the past 2 weeks I have been working on a movie for a local production company.. working out in ybor .. starting 2 weeks ago I worked:

Saturday - 11 hours movie set
Sunday - 16 hours movie set
Monday - 8 hours my regular job - 10 hours movie set
Tues - 8 hours reg job
Wed - 8 hours reg job / played concert at club - home at 1 am
Thurs - 8 hours reg / Played concert at club - home at 11pm
Friday - 8 hours reg
Saturday - 12 hours movie set / played concert
Sunday - 18 hours movie set
Monday - 8 hours work.. and 1 hour kiting

unfortunately the movie is not a paying gig.. oh well..
we wrapped shooting at about midnight on Sunday.

i am fu*king exhausted.

Z-Type
07-18-2006, 07:03 PM
What movie is it and What band do you play in if it's not a secret?

toby wilson
07-18-2006, 07:10 PM
Oh yeah, darn! Sorry I missed your gig(s), I meant to get to one... Let me know next time you play bro, I would love to see your band!

I know how you feel Bry, I have been busy at work too! :wink:

E-Bone
07-19-2006, 06:15 AM
At BS on Monday, we were wondering if someone jumped from the Skyway during the session. Turns out someone did...

http://www.jumperpool.com/

C. Moore
07-19-2006, 07:12 AM
http://www.stpetetimes.com/2006/07/19/Tampabay/Local_musician_jumps_.shtml

bryanleighty
07-19-2006, 07:50 AM
he jumped while you were there??????

i dont know the guy personally, but he was pretty big in the local music scene and a lot of folks i know hung out with him..

Z - per your questions..

I play in a local indie rock band called "Palomino".. we have a myspace site at www.myspace.com/palominoband

a few songs on there.. have 4 more new ones that we are VERY happy with..

per the movie..
its a movie put together by two local brothers .. written and filmed here locally and is going to be shopped around as a TV series. its in the vein of a Sopranos / Deadwood type of thing were its fictional characters taking place in a non-fictional environment. this show deals with the Italian Mobs coming in to take over Ybor City in the 1940s where it had been controlled by the Cubans.

I was brought in to work second camera .. they are shooting it completely on High-def equipment. First camera is a panasonic varicam (70000$ camera!).. second camera is a panasonic hvx200 (6000$ camera).. both shoot super high quality HD.

great stuff. we shot all over Ybor...

C. Moore
07-19-2006, 09:05 AM
Bryan,

I have some things that may need to be filmed in HiDef this weekend. Can I borrow the cam for a few hours? I promise it won't be exposed to any outside elements. :wink:

bryanleighty
07-19-2006, 09:17 AM
If it were my cam, I would hook you up..

the camera was rented for the project and I dont have it anymore.

I am in the process of getting my business put together and will soon be purchasing some equipment. I am not 100% sure if the hvx200 will be in my shopping list, but it might. Its a great camera, but I HATE the workflow. it does not record to tape for HD. It records to P2 cards (mini hard drive PC cards.. proprietary stuff...) you only get 20 min worth of HD footage on an 8 gig card .. and that card costs you 1500$ !!!

yikes.

it does have a tape drive for standard def stuff.. looks and acts just like the panasonic dvx100 series cameras.. super super super nice..

with the p2 cards you are constantly filming and dumping to a notebook pc or something..

not very good for any time you are running on battery power.. if you run out of space on the p2 card and you dont have a place to dump the footage.. you are out of luck.

other HD cameras record to tape.. which are just a few bucks per.. so you can carry a supply of em and change them out when needed.

Z-Type
07-19-2006, 04:25 PM
Daaaaaaaaaaaaammmmmmmmnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
The movie you are talking about is like the book I just read: "Cigar City Mafia" by Deitche.
That shit is true, Trafficante, an italian mob family took it over fighting Charlie Wall and the cuban sindicate.
It looks like Tampa used to be the shiznit back in the day fo' playas and hus'lers.
Please let me know when can I get my hands on it, I'd love to see it.

And the band is cool dude, hehehe toking music to the bone :mrgreen:
Like the mix, melodies like Jefferson Airplane with spark of Green Day and other stuff, nice, very nice.

And toby

I know how you feel Bry, I have been busy at work too!

You bastard...

bryanleighty
07-19-2006, 04:49 PM
exactly..

wall is mentioned in the script.

the plan as per the guys who are running the show, is to not show the main players, but focus on the side stories and tell the overall story through them.

its really interesting and they are taking it pretty damn serious. its def. a low budget production at this point, but they really have their sh*t together.. got a HUGE donation of 1940s clothes and stuff for the characters..

we shot in the Cuban club in ybor for a bar scene..

even got one of the guys that played in the Sopranos to do a couple scenes.. (dont know how much that cost..) .. but it was Al Sapienza.. hes been in a number of TV shows.. cool guy .. VERY professional.. nailed his scenes.. was pretty amazing watching a pro do his job.

toby wilson
07-19-2006, 10:35 PM
You could curse me if it was blowing 25 all day every day Z but unfortunately I am spending all of my unemployed time with NO wind...bad timing I guess, just like my jumps. :oops:

Optionryder420
07-19-2006, 10:50 PM
I read MOST of the Cigar City Mafia book, but then lost it :(

My dad used to hang out with Italiano's Son at school. Pops used to live in Tampa, went to Robinson highschool met him there.

My dad knew about his dad and everything, but didn't know how deep the tampa mob really went until he read the book.

toby wilson
07-19-2006, 10:53 PM
Good ol' Whitey Bulger from South Boston would kick their @$$es!!! :twisted: :P :lol: