PDA

View Full Version : Sunday anyone?

Z-Type
07-15-2006, 01:22 PM
The hole in my foot is almost healed and i got me some booties, diving booties that is, and was wondering if anyone is going out tomorrow? Yawn patrol or anything, I'm itching for some surfing.

toby wilson
07-15-2006, 04:06 PM
If by some odd chance there is wind then I am sure PLENTY of people will be riding...check the forum in the AM...

Unimog Bob
07-15-2006, 04:51 PM
Z, I'd love to hit a dawn patrol tomorrow. Forecast is 5mph. Maybe we can feed Toby a big can of beans and have him stand on the beach :o

Bob

toby wilson
07-15-2006, 05:09 PM
Might work well Bob!!! I could bring my Boston Terriers Georgie and Fenway along to help, they bust ass all day anyway!!!

A-Bomb
07-15-2006, 06:17 PM
You can add our 2 Jack Russels and it might be rideable.

Looks more likely for wind in PM tomorrow.

I won't be attending even if there is enough though... A friend is having a 40th birthday at Typhoon Lagoon and rented the wave pool for surfing... Should be fun.

I'd extend invites, but he's already at max people. sorry.

Skyway Scott
07-15-2006, 06:55 PM
I just got back from PaG.
Donna, Paul and Jordan rode for a couple hours. It was solid 11 to 13 knots.
http://www.iwindsurf.com/windandwhere.iws?regionID=149&siteID=1838

Donna rode her 12m Contra Xbow on a Super Phatty and was loving life.
Cruising around, going upwind and checking out the mack attacks off the beach.... tons of fish out there!

That is a very stable, predictable kite. It has alot of power for a 12m (reminds me of the power in a 12m JoJo foil.... but with depower :shock: lots of it, actually )

Hope it blows again tomorrow. Daryl said it nuked in Auggie (typical)
Adam, I rode your board and unfortunately snapped it, sorry.

(Gotcha!! :twisted: )

Skyway Scott
07-15-2006, 08:07 PM
Poof. :shock:

toby wilson
07-16-2006, 03:03 AM
Party Poker: Join the Dark Side Luke Skywayer!!!

Z-Type
07-16-2006, 06:39 AM
damn it, no wind.....
maybe this afternoon....

Skyway Scott
07-16-2006, 07:14 AM
Oops. I thought I only PM'd that to Bryan. Sorry, Toby. It is gone now.

Gonna try PaG again today, probably. Wish I still had a boat, the number of macks off the beach was just kinda silly. Thank goodness no red tide this summer. Last summer was so bad it was sickening (literally)

JoshTaylor
07-16-2006, 07:19 AM
You guys are nuts getting up so early!

Oh wait, i've been up all night. :shock:

Skyway Scott
07-16-2006, 07:22 AM
Yeah, 4 am. Hmmm.......

JoshTaylor
07-16-2006, 07:24 AM
I haven't slept since... yesterday at 10am

yet for some reason i'm wide awake?

maybe it's all these drugs i've been taking!

ha jk jk

i just chose not to sleep tonight.

Skyway Scott
07-16-2006, 07:31 AM
Crackhead! (J/K)
Sounds like love sickness to me... Uh oh.... summer romance :?: :!:
www.youRenteringintotrickywaters.com

JoshTaylor
07-16-2006, 07:40 AM
Hi, my names Josh, and I have a problem

*crowd* Hi Josh!

Oh wait, wrong class.
dang :roll:

Skyway Scott
07-16-2006, 07:45 AM
Change of gears here.
St. Pete has it absolutely made in terms of riding spots and wind directions covered. Only a few places to ride in S.A., unless you are really into strong currents. And when I goes west, well... it's doable in a couple spots, but.....
Light wind riding here is a dream compared to over there as well.

In S.A. it can be blowing (and does often) solid 13 to 15 and you won't have much fun (if not doing a downwinder). Why?
The current combined with waves steal some of the wind AND you are drifting down the beach. It basically becomes 11 with a steady current ripping you downwind :?

Oh well, the wave riding come fall/winter is going to be insane 8)
The downwinders there do rock, but at 6 after work, not enuff time to do one :evil:

JoshTaylor
07-16-2006, 07:47 AM
Change of gears here.
St. Pete has it absolutely made in terms of riding spots and wind directions covered. Only a few places to ride in S.A., unless you are really into strong currents. And when I goes west, well... it's doable in a couple spots, but.....
Light wind riding here is a dream compared to over there as well.

In S.A. it can be blowing (and does often) solid 15 and you won't have much fun. Why? The current combined with waves steal some of the wind AND you are drifting down the beach. It basically becomes 12 with a steady current ripping you downwind :?

Oh well, the wave riding come fall/winter is going to be insane 8)Yeah, can't wait till this winter, i'll be driving.

maybe i'll have to come visit down there, maybe catch some nice wave riding?

Skyway Scott
07-16-2006, 07:49 AM
Couch central. Always available. Sounds like I have visitors for the next three weekends already :)
Riding waves is something I have always wanted to do.
Looking forward to it. On Friday a guy was out on a surf board and a 12
WAZOO tearing it up.. he looked real good. I was just jumping the waves, he
was really riding them. I'd like to get better at that :D

inferno
07-16-2006, 07:50 AM
scott what time do you think it'll start blowin today, i might be able to join ya

JoshTaylor
07-16-2006, 07:52 AM
well save me the couch for sometime around december!

tomstock
07-16-2006, 07:54 AM
4pm PAG Patrol

Skyway Scott
07-16-2006, 07:59 AM
Like Tom said :D

Might get lucky.. who knows? As long as it doesn't rain AND if the
SW sensor goes Northerly at some point (like yesterday)
http://www.iwindsurf.com/windandwhere.iws?regionID=149&siteID=812&days=1&Isection=Wind+Yesterday
, its a chance of a some wind (around 12 knots) is my guess.
Josh linker didn't predict a seabreeze I hope :oops: :roll: , or it's just hopeless.

Worst case we play frisbee or sumtin?

Gio9
07-16-2006, 08:18 AM
funny I have a hole in my foot to. I got some great booties at Bill Jacksons here in clearwater fl. GOod strong toe, and thin so you can still slip into your board easily. From here in CLEarwater.. no wind. I wont be out.

Wher you from? Where do you usually go?

See ya
Gio
The hole in my foot is almost healed and i got me some booties, diving booties that is, and was wondering if anyone is going out tomorrow? Yawn patrol or anything, I'm itching for some surfing.

Gio9
07-16-2006, 08:27 AM
Anyone goin out today. Does not look like much right now. You guys use ikitesurf.com? I love it.. too bad about the login.

I have a whole in my foot too from an oyster bed. I got some great booties at Bill Jacksons in Clearwater. Strong Toe, flexible and thin. Can still get into the board with them easily.

Have a good one all!

JoshTaylor
07-16-2006, 08:30 AM
You guys use ikitesurf.com? I love it..Ikitesurf sucks.
lol

no realiable sensors, and they insist they are fine.

tomstock
07-16-2006, 11:35 AM
yeah i kite is a joke. Most of their sensors are free and available elsewhere. They only have two sensors which apply to us, and one of them is always wrong, the other only updates every hour.

My advice: Cancel your ikite membership and show them how you feel about their lack of interest in this area.

Anyway, 4pm, see you there.

Skyway Scott
07-16-2006, 01:09 PM
I already did.

Anyway, it rained :evil: (on me while mowing the lawn)
What are the odds of wind now? Debating watching Johnny Depp impersonate Keith Richards in a pirate suit this afternoon.
However, there are some markers that look promising
http://www.iwindsurf.com/windandwhere.iws?regionID=149&siteID=1600

Check out the people clearing out during the rain.... RUN people.. RUN... LOL
http://www.baynews9.com/Sky9.html

tomstock
07-16-2006, 08:49 PM
15-20 until 3:30, then rain. 3mph until 4pm, 6-8mph until 5pm, and then solid 12mph-15mph until 7:45 (when I left).

Rode for 3 hours. The rain killed it but only for a little while.

Skyway Scott
07-16-2006, 09:16 PM
Well, "Pirates" stole my dough. :roll:

Z-Type
07-17-2006, 03:39 PM
[quote="Gio9"]funny I have a hole in my foot to. I got some great booties at Bill Jacksons here in clearwater fl. GOod strong toe, and thin so you can still slip into your board easily. From here in CLEarwater.. no wind. I wont be out.

Wher you from? Where do you usually go?

See ya
Gio

I live in St pete gio, and I go wherever I see kites, everyone is telling me to stay off of BS but lately that's the only place with people kiting, and as a beginners gio, we definitely don't wanna surf alone
lemme know maybe we can hook up and do some flying since we both just started...

JoshTaylor
07-17-2006, 04:17 PM
lemme know maybe we can hook up and do some flying since we both just started...or hook up and get lessons???

yeah that sounds like a good idea.

Z-Type
07-18-2006, 07:00 PM
yeah that sounds like a good idea.

Oh crap,
You really wanna go there again?

For further reference please visit:

http://www.fksa.org/viewtopic.php?p=4257&highlight=#4257

enjoy your stay

JoshTaylor
07-18-2006, 07:03 PM
I was relating that more twords gio.

but whatever.

tomstock
07-18-2006, 07:04 PM
Only took one 4 hour lesson myself, as did I believe most of us... except for the old timers who learned the hard way.

toby wilson
07-18-2006, 07:17 PM
Or 4 one hour lessons... :lol: