PDA

View Full Version : aggression guys

dawg
07-09-2006, 06:11 PM
Aggression users: I was blow away by the super phatty recently, but i think the barn door might suit me better as a 12bow is my largest kite and and i'm 190. what kind of low end are you guys getting from the super phatty?

thanks from NC

Eagle
07-09-2006, 06:25 PM
Dawg I rode the Super Phatty in the same wind I would normally ride a SS Glide in, 9-12 mph. I weight 160 and my biggest c kite is 16 Octane and 16 Turbo Diesel bow.
The board simply rocks and I do thank SW Scott for the test drive.

The upwind ability of the Phatty in light wind meets or exceeds the SS Glide performance with better jumping IMO and less of a "skatey" feel to the board. The Glide is kinda loose where I was locked in edging with the Phatty.
There is no question the construction and durability of the Phatty exceeds the SS which is rather fragile.

Have not ridden the Barn Door, however I would tend to believe this board would excel in light wind for heavier riders.

kuds
07-09-2006, 08:39 PM
The Super Phatty has been a great light wind board for me but I only weigh about 155-I have been riding it with a 15 Fuel and now a 15 Ion.

dawg
07-09-2006, 08:57 PM
gracias guys

well made boards and light too. ill prob go for the super phatty. better travel size.

cheers

tomstock
07-10-2006, 08:19 AM
Poof!

Skyway Scott
07-10-2006, 06:17 PM
Just my opinion, the Super Phatty rocks, but.... at your size, get the Barn Door (if buying an Aggression) and light wind riding is your goal.
It is definitely going to make a difference in low wind ability and upwind ablility, and, it will still "feel" small. You will be able to hold on to it easily up to 17 knots. (Try that on a Glide)

It is very light and "feels" much smaller than it is. I recently "gave" Donna my SP and traded up to a BD for myself. Pointing upwind (actually pointing is easy... it is the staying upwind) over here is a real b$%^ at times with the current, so it made a difference. I think at your size, the BD is the ticket. For 160 and less, the SP is fine if in areas with no current, is the conclusion I came to.
BTW, we sell the BD as fast as they come in.

I am assuming as I write this that "low end" is truly one of your goals. Here in FL in the summer, we often milk some pretty sad s$%t for wind. :x

If you have "reasonable" wind, the SP is simply awesome. If travelling, I assume you would go somewhere with 13+ ? :P

dawg
07-10-2006, 08:52 PM
hey thanks for the re-direct on the boards. i was struggling a bit about the two. im thinking the barn door is going to be tight in my deciever bag but it will fit. a few knots on the lowend will make a big difference for me as Im down to one kite for a while.

thanks again!

Alex
07-19-2006, 07:50 PM
hey dawg, i am a team rider for aggression and GS the shaper just told me that the BD will fit in the deciever bag if you take the fins off! :lol: