PDA

View Full Version : kite difficulty

togniniviky
07-08-2006, 12:41 AM
Im a intermediate rider who has been ridding on and off for about 2 years now. Im starting to get into backflips and front flips now. Yet as soon as i do the flip and land the kite becomes very hard to steer. Like if i steer left it goes right or if i steer right it goes left, thus i have to quickly untwist the bars and in order to fly the kite. I mean i see guys doing double back loops and then fly the ktie for a while before untwisting it. What could be causing this? I fly a 2003 aero 2 whit its original bar.

IF anyone can help me it would greatly help with some frustrating moments ive been having lately.

thanks

ricki
07-09-2006, 05:09 AM
Im a intermediate rider who has been ridding on and off for about 2 years now. Im starting to get into backflips and front flips now. Yet as soon as i do the flip and land the kite becomes very hard to steer. Like if i steer left it goes right or if i steer right it goes left, thus i have to quickly untwist the bars and in order to fly the kite. I mean i see guys doing double back loops and then fly the ktie for a while before untwisting it. What could be causing this? I fly a 2003 aero 2 whit its original bar.

IF anyone can help me it would greatly help with some frustrating moments ive been having lately.

thanks

When your lines twist after a flip, what was the right hand side of your bar may now be the left. So, if you pull in on the right to go right in fact you are telling your kite to go left. You may have to experiment a bit to see what pulling on the right side does and then react accordingly. Another solution that comes to mind is to do even numbers of flips. In theory this should restore typical steering directions. Another approach that guys take is to do an equal number of left and right flips resulting in no twists. Other ideas out there?