PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a board

bzh
07-05-2006, 09:03 AM
Hi,

I'm looking for a TT board to learn and improve.
If somebody has one to sale, please let me know.

Level: beginner
Weight: 150

Thanks,
Olivier

A-Bomb
07-05-2006, 11:29 AM
I've got one I've been thinking about selling. It's a Slingshot Manta. It's a great board for going upwind and light wind riding. Probably a great beginner board. It's thicker and more buoyant than most boards, so you won't sink so fast on landings, etc. I'd include the pads and straps for it, which have never been used, because I ride it with wakeboard bindings. It also has a leash, if you want, you'd want to wear a helmet if you ride with the leash. I can't remember the exact dimensions, can check if you're interested. I'd let it go for $200.

Only problem is... I'd need to find myself a new light wind board.

Thanks,
A-Bomb

bryanleighty
07-05-2006, 12:51 PM
To each their own of course, but I gotta chime in to say a board leash is a very bad idea.

I'm sure there will be those that used them for certain reasons..

I had thought I needed one for a while, but one minor and unexpected loft later and I never ever considered it again.

Besides that... Body draging is a skill that must be learned.. its a very important skill that every kiter needs.

my 2cents.

A-Bomb
07-05-2006, 01:07 PM
Agree. I've been hit in the head once or twice back in the day when most everyone was using them. Fortunately, I never got hit too hard.

bryanleighty
07-05-2006, 01:29 PM
I'll tell ya.. the worst Ive been hurt in my 1 year of kiting (knock on wood..or plastic.. or whatever i can find here..) is when I was coming in at the beach on a nice windy day .. lots of wave action..

i kicked off the board (homemade ply beast) close to shore and began walking to the beach.. the board got caught in a back current and it came flying back at me and NAILED me dead center across both shins.. Holy crap I can still feel it today...

ouch.

unleash that board!! :)

toby wilson
07-05-2006, 02:45 PM
Want my advice, trade in that leash for a nice pair of gloves...that is unless you want to duplicate my 5 stitch accident in the palm of my hand...

A-Bomb
07-05-2006, 04:48 PM
....22 stiches on my ring finger a couple years ago. I still only wear gloves when it's really cold, but it would be smart to wear them all the time with the skinny lines that all our kites have. In the wakeboarding world it's seen as kind of "gay", but in kiteboarding, it's actually kind of suprising more people don't wear them... I never jump on my motorcycle without them. Kites should probably be the same way. If the lines don't get you, maybe dragging your palms accross some barnacles at 20 mph will do it. :shock: