PDA

View Full Version : Anything for the next SBC Kiteboard Mag. Florida Update?

ricki
07-03-2006, 08:08 AM
Anyone have some kiteboarding news, proposed events, etc.?

bryanleighty
07-03-2006, 09:57 AM
Flash news items::

Serious lack of wind in the region...

kiteboarders found wandering beaches mumbling to themselves..

EBone declares self "Master of Time, Space and Dimension.. others, in windless stupor, follow him.

etc. etc.

:)

kiwiar2000
07-03-2006, 10:04 AM
word brotha!

ricki
07-03-2006, 10:37 AM
I was going to say this is a challenging time for Florida riders, but why toss out the obvious. Despite that, some areas are coming in with good news items. and ... only 5 more months to December!

bryanleighty
07-03-2006, 10:54 AM
might be a good "where to travel to get your fix" article time...

i know some locals have headed to Hatteras, some are on their way to the Gorge.. I am considering a 10day Brazillian trip in Sept.

some just head to Orlando to ride the cable park..

JoshTaylor
07-03-2006, 12:36 PM
only 5 more months to December!YES that means only 5 more months untill i can drive alone legally!

lol sorry, can't wait!

might be a good "where to travel to get your fix" article time...

i know some locals have headed to Hatteras, some are on their way to the Gorge.. I am considering a 10day Brazillian trip in Sept.

some just head to Orlando to ride the cable park..

i've gone to corpus christi, texas to get my fix during the velocity games.

toby wilson
07-03-2006, 11:14 PM
Amber and I hit up Hatteras and Amber was actually Shawn W.'s first lesson as an instructor up at REAL! We also met Jason Slezak at REAL and he was pretty cool, took some time to share some tips with us. Amber had 100% positive feedback as a result of her lesson and learned A LOT for it being Shawn's first lesson, she was VERY impressed with Shawn's knowledge and teaching skills. She is doing well body dragging now and has started to work on getting up on the board...THANKS SHAWN!!!

PS - You can send the $50 in personal check, money order or cash for the props Shawn...just kidding, great job bud!!! :lol:

I also got in some great downwinders and got to ride with Dmitri Maramendes and hang out with our good friend Ray Leroy, pretty cool...

Skyway Scott
07-05-2006, 08:45 AM
DaMeeetreee's name is a %$## aint it! :shock: :D

If you haven't seen his vid by George at KiteFlix yet, it's a good one.

toby wilson
07-05-2006, 10:16 AM
Did I screw his name up??? :o :shock: :D

ricki
07-06-2006, 08:01 PM
Thanks for the news guys. Yes, Dimitri is a great guy and core rider. I did a review of his recent DVS, Aerial Assault at:

http://fksa.org/viewtopic.php?t=1470

Kiteflix packed a lot of entertainment into this one!