PDA

View Full Version : Picking out a board and trying to fine tune my kite.

lostwake
07-02-2006, 09:43 AM
At this stage in my progression I can fly a trainer with ease and I know how to do the basics (in theory) of launching and landing all that good stuff. I have purchased a 12m Cabrinha Co2 with powerdrive control system and need a board and harness. I am waiting for my next pay check to buy a harness and have decided on a waist because I am a smaller rider. But I am still unsure of a good board. I have been told that a surf style board would be much easier to learn on but there are not many waves hear and I can't afford to buy a board to learn on. So I am looking at larger wake style boards such as the Cabrinha Prodigy 158. Plus I have been wakeboarding for a while and never really surfed so a wake style board might feel more comfortable to me. Does anyone have any recomendations as far as boards preferrably cheap. And as far as tuning my kite I have tied the control lines to a tree to make sure that the bar is strait but I want to tune the sheeting before I get on the water the first time is there a trick to doing this or should I just get my kite sheeted properly when It's flying on the beach before I head out the first time?
Thanks a lot.

Skyway Scott
07-03-2006, 09:22 AM
In terms of the board to learn on, I am in favor of a larger board to learn on. You can always use it as a light wind board.

I tried to learn on a directional (surf style) board when I started (stone age) for about ten hours, 'cuz all the mags were saying it was easier. It was hard. Then I swithched to a wake style and was riding instantly (downwind, of course).
For me, the wake style board was TONS easier than the directional.
Your choice of board sounds good to me. :D

Good luck kiting. :)

lostwake
07-03-2006, 10:06 AM
Thanks a lot hopefully I'll be gettin a board soon.