PDA

View Full Version : New Guy

Picasso Boy
06-29-2006, 07:46 PM
Hey everyone....new to the sport and this forum.
I have yet to get on the water...but have been out with the trainer kite for about 5-6 weeks...I have ordered a venom 2 kite from Peter Lynn(16 m)
and it will be here in about 2 more weeks.
What is the general consensus on the twinskin kites(in particular the venoms)?
I will be going to cocoa in two weeks for my first water lessons...after that I will be going down around Venice or Nokomis to try out my baby skills.
(just because I love that area)
Anybody feel like having a newbie around to watch and learn???

Skyway Scott
06-29-2006, 10:52 PM
PM Bayflite. He has experience with the PL kites.

kiwiar2000
06-30-2006, 10:48 AM
Picasso!
Hey that great ur learning. Just ask ur instructer ANYTHING if in doubt.
Have fun, cause u gonna get stoked.
later,
Danny

Picasso Boy
06-30-2006, 06:11 PM
Thanx for the help guys!!!

venice
07-06-2006, 06:18 AM
Hi Picasso Boy,
Welcome to the great sport of kiteboarding. I agree Venice is a great spot to ride. There are a few riders in the area. Mostly experienced people. The conditions this time of year make it a very limiting place to ride. Light winds the biggest limiter. Winds from the NE or SE are what we need.
I too am new to the sport. I started this past Jan. and found driving up to St. Petersburg was the best thing for a new person. The bay lets you take advatange of more wind directions, the shallow water helps the learning curve and the local people up there are GREAT!!
When you come to Venice let me know.
Good luck and be safe!!

venice
07-06-2006, 06:28 AM
Sorry for the bad info. It is SW or NW winds, also don`t forget to wear a life vest out in the Gulf. You may not think you look cool but you`ll look smart!! I had enough trouble handling the kite in open water. Trying to swim for your life takes all the fun out of it.

kimmyjo
07-10-2006, 05:28 AM
Hey everyone! I'm also coming down to Ft. Myers from Michigan! I luv to kite the great lakes, but can't handle the snow!! Looking to meet up with some local kiters in the ft.myers/naples areas that can show me around when I get down there in september. Flying in today for a few days to find a place to live, etc. Can't wait!!!! See you all out on the water!

ricki
07-10-2006, 07:28 AM
Hey everyone! I'm also coming down to Ft. Myers from Michigan! I luv to kite the great lakes, but can't handle the snow!! Looking to meet up with some local kiters in the ft.myers/naples areas that can show me around when I get down there in september. Flying in today for a few days to find a place to live, etc. Can't wait!!!! See you all out on the water!

Welcome to Florida Kimmy! Hope you have a great visit and find some good digs. You should swing by Roy Massey's kite/watersports store, http://aceperformer.com/ just east of the Sanibel Causeway to say hello.